my car just dies and i dont know why

1/4milematt

ok so im coming down a road call bells ferry all of a sudden with my foot on the gas the RPM's drop and the car dies. and will crank but not start. whats going on

Gs-Rvtec

ok umm are you getting fuel to the injectors?

1/4milematt

i need to and that after the car sits for 10-20 minutes it will start and run for 5 minutes that do the same thing it will drop RPM's and die. sorry for not saying this in the beginning

Gs-Rvtec

kinda sounds like your ignition that happened to me once. it would get hot then when it cooled down it would start then die agian about 10 min. later

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Bells Ferry Road? Between Canton and Woodstock? Being in the wrong part of town is your first problem That's why I don't live there anymore :)

Seriously though, are there any specific sounds that occur with the stalling? Or any pattern leading up to the stall besides watching the clock?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
So it starts sometimes now or not at all? Cause if it's not at all could be a timing belt.

sps21112

Try your icm its in your dizzy. They heat up and go out and then cool down and allow your car to run.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Mine does the same. It dies on me I'm while driving...out of the blue it just craps out and dies on me been trying to troubleshoot and figure it out for a month or two now. I have replaced the MAIN RELAY (ran for over week and dies again), replaced IGNITION COIL - due to no sparks (ran for a week and dies again), just replaced the ICM a week or so ago waiting to see if the car dies again or this is the fix. If it dies again, I will be replacing the DIZZY itself.

Last edited:

stevoqb916

do you have a short ram air intake it sounds like your car is getting to hot it could be a bad heat soak does it happen in the morning or late night while its cold?

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
do you have a short ram air intake it sounds like your car is getting to hot it could be a bad heat soak does it happen in the morning or late night while its cold?
There would have to be alot more wrong then heat soak from an intake sad to say short rams yes heat soak but not nearly bad enough to cause the car full on die. like everyone has said ITS IN THE DIZZY!

Alvi84

Yes the dizzy would. And all your symptoms sound like its the distributor. Pricey to replace but they cause a ton of different issues.