my clutch just got really stiff

mirrorimg

I have heard of the clutch going soft, but never hard. Is it stiff like when you pump the brakes before you turn the key on?

IntegraGstypeR

you sure you dont have a big rock under the clutch pedal? haha..just a suggestion...

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
sorry i dont know why i suggested clutch cable, i know its a hydrolic clutch..i helped a buddy change his clutch cable on his mustang today and it threw me off lol

but try to re-bleed the clutch fluid

iheartmyteggy

No it just got stiff like really springy idk it still works just fine.

Sounds like you may have a bad master... When they leak down they can cause the pedal to be soft but when they freeze up then the pedal will get hard...

Could be the slave too.. just a toss up..

Either way I would suspect one of them as long as you don't have a pinched hose or steel line..

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
mine does that when its cold, if i first start it up the clutch sticks in and its near imposible to shift, lol i just have to let it sit for a min and pop the clutch out with my foot.

SpooledupRacing;549553[B said:
]Sounds like you may have a bad master[/B]... When they leak down they can cause the pedal to be soft but when they freeze up then the pedal will get hard...

Could be the slave too.. just a toss up..

Either way I would suspect one of them as long as you don't have a pinched hose or steel line..
That was the thought I was leaning towards.