My EG Coupe DD

White_Rabbit

Picked up a 1995 Civic EX Coupe last night. Today I picked up Tokiko struts and skunk2 coilovers. Couldn't ride stock so I decided to tuck those meshies in. Here's the pics.

The new setup

Before:

Front:

Rear

Front strut and spring off

Old strut/sping and new strut/coilovers. I had to swap the forks over obviously

New setup in

Fronts done....tuckin hard! :)

I went to take the rear strut out and the bolt just decided it wanted to snap the head off. The nut on the back is welded to the lower control arm.

Easy fix....fuck it we'll just put some Blox lower control arms on :) I had these for my integra but I'll just pick up another set.

New lower control arms, and suspension setup in.

All done:

By the time I finished it was dark. It gets dark here so early now :( Plus I had my camera on the "easy" setting. Pics came out like shit but you get the point. I'll do a better photo shoot later on when its nice out with a real camera not my sony point and shoot.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
good job on the drop man! the broken bolts are mandatory....lol

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
good pick up man, looks like she got some minor body works and a new paint job?

White_Rabbit

good pick up man, looks like she got some minor body works and a new paint job?
Yea, its got a real cheap paint job on it. From far away it looks real clean. When you get close you can see its a cheap paint job. It def wasn't done in a booth. Some pretty harsh orange peel, but like I said from a distance she looks good haha. Its just a DD and I picked it up for 2k and its an EX with 115k on it.

phatintegra

Banned
Looks good how is the ride quality? I see you are running the Illum. Becareful with those struts on being that low. I was not happy with the Illum on my 3rd set and Already blew them out with less then 3K miles on them. Going with full coilovers next had it with the spring and strut combo.

White_Rabbit

Ride quality is actually really nice. I have raised it up a little bit from the photos for more ease on daily driving.

cvc7chris

Hustler
damn man she is looking sexy and slammed..do get us better daily pics =]
and i had the same issue with my rear lower control arm..it snapped and someone welded my shit all together and plus the lower control arm bushing was stripped and seized and wouldn't come out of the strut..had to cut the bolt with a grinder to get the handbrake cable out from under the strut and the control arm...but i had to go get me a new lca...