My first Integra !!

harmoncollege

I'm a long-time civic guy, but after my old school EF hatch got destroyed by a road-rager, I decided I'd finally go for an Integra. I found a good deal on a 1995 Special Edition in really good shape....

Also, I was curious if this is common. A plastic piece under the front end is hanging down. Is there an easy fix? Thanks for any help.

Redliner

Welcome, the paint still looks nice for a 14 year old car! nice find. As for the piece hanging out, I dont think its common, urs the first I have seen at least. try screwing it back up, or be a real man and use duct tape lol, I dunno.

-Red

dc2ant

i would just get a drill and drill holes and get zipties and your all good it happen to me to

heykosal

Angkorian
It's somewhat common..but unless you want to get a new splashguard or pull some macguyver fix i'd just zip tie it.

Welcome btw.

harmoncollege

Welcome, the paint still looks nice for a 14 year old car! nice find. As for the piece hanging out, I dont think its common, urs the first I have seen at least. try screwing it back up, or be a real man and use duct tape lol, I dunno.

-Red
The paint is in really good shape. The car was apparently always kept in the garage. The interior is in excellent shape as well. One weird thing is -- it has new tires -- but the guy put 195/60/15 instead of the recommended 195/55/15. So it is sitting a little higher than stock.

I guess I'll try zip ties on the splash guard....thanks for the suggestions!

IntegraGstypeR

The thing hanging under the front is supposed to have about 3 10mm bolts that hold it up. or you can always cut it off if it bothers u.

harmoncollege

I've found there are several rattles if I'm on a bumpy road. I'm sure that is common with a 14-year old car, however, my 91 civic hatch didn't rattle much.

Anyway, I bought a polyurethane Type-R front lip yesterday, and it is in transit. I figured I'd get my first mod out of the way.

Should I go ahead and try to install it myself...or should I have my mechanic do it? It looks easy enough, but I certainly don't want to screw it up.