My "Freon" pet peev

Cripton805

I drove 6 damn hours to go check out a "DC2" that turned out to be a USDM swapped LS. I was so damn pissed.

As I signed the DAMN pink slip, I saw the damn DC4 vin and checked the firewall, sticker, etc... and it was a damn LS.
I flipped out and split out of there pist off as hell.

It was a clean ass car, but I asked specifically if it was a GSR and he said yes over the phone. I said are you sure it's LEGIT GSR frame... DC2. He said yes multiple times.

Heres a pic of the DC4.
"sorry for rambling. Im at work" lmao

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
I feel torn on this dramatic issue.

On one hand, this is the wrong place to start a thread for bitching about something insignificant compared to owning a 17yr old car that still turns heads.

On the other hand, the application of blanket terms to broad ideas is how you move from speaking clearly, like an adult, to mumbling some antiquated nonsense about freon, mercury cubes or daguerreotypes.

mirrorimg

I drove 6 damn hours to go check out a "DC2" that turned out to be a USDM swapped LS. I was so damn pissed.

As I signed the DAMN pink slip, I saw the damn DC4 vin and checked the firewall, sticker, etc... and it was a damn LS.
I flipped out and split out of there pist off as hell.

It was a clean ass car, but I asked specifically if it was a GSR and he said yes over the phone. I said are you sure it's LEGIT GSR frame... DC2. He said yes multiple times.

Heres a pic of the DC4.
"sorry for rambling. Im at work" lmao

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
What does this have to do with Freon or other words that get used in place of the actual item? A seller confusing a DC4 with a DC2 is a completely other topic... that's misrepresentation. What you have is like, me telling some one I have a ferrari and when they get to my place I have a pinto in the driveway. That isnt the same as the topic of this thread.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Agreeing with the blanket term statement.
It's just a matter of simplicity for most people - would you rather say "yo hook me some freon." or "Hey I need a refill on my 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane.

All I really saw in the original post was "look at me I passed grade 12 chemistry and can name organic compounds!"

Cripton805

What does this have to do with Freon or other words that get used in place of the actual item? A seller confusing a DC4 with a DC2 is a completely other topic... that's misrepresentation. What you have is like, me telling some one I have a ferrari and when they get to my place I have a pinto in the driveway. That isnt the same as the topic of this thread.
I did say I was rambling and was totally pointless :what:
I just mentioned it because people agreed with my initial post and was stating why that would be something to be "pet peeved" about and not the freon.

"To back my initial statements up"

jesusfreeke

Agreeing with the blanket term statement.
It's just a matter of simplicity for most people - would you rather say "yo hook me some freon." or "Hey I need a refill on my 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane.

All I really saw in the original post was "look at me I passed grade 12 chemistry and can name organic compounds!"
no i had to copy and paste like you but since i was trying to be informative along with irritated i didnt want to spell it wrong.

jesusfreeke

My "thread" pet peeve.

I suppose it is easy to just throw a thread up in any section. But this section was created in 2003 as a place to post you comments, questions and ideas about 90-93 Integras. I'm not sure where the confusion comes from. These threads can be easily retrofitted to other forums by some. But they could also be created in the proper places from the beginning. Now that you are informed, you no longer have ignorance as an excuse. Please use this information to help stop annoying threads being created in improper locations.
touche, touche. But here is another question. Why is it that as stated above " questions and ideas about 90-93 Integras" I have a question concerning My A/C clutch not cycling correctly, and it only has 1 reply, but this post about a pet peeve (which I tried to make informative instead of just an empty rant) has had over 20 replies and was posted after the other. Seems to me the people on this thread are much more eager to jump in on some rambling topic than to answer legitimate questions......though this may just be an isolated occurrence.

Prozon

Kris
I wonder if that's because people are not familiar with your problem. I looked at your thread about the A/C, but I don't have enough knowledge about the A/C system to chime in. If you would like I'd be happy to go spam up your other thread for no reason.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
no i had to copy and paste like you but since i was trying to be informative along with irritated i didnt want to spell it wrong.
except I didn't have to copypasta that.
I know what "1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane" is.

....F H
F-C-C-H
....F F

periods are there just to put the space in.

1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, no google used. Not trying to be a dick, just stating my opinion.

jesusfreeke

except I didn't have to copypasta that.
I know what "1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane" is.

....F H
F-C-C-H
....F F

periods are there just to put the space in.

1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, no google used. Not trying to be a dick, just stating my opinion.
sorry for the assumption, I dont actually know much about chemistry I just like to correctly label things.