My in-dash dvd screen

Autotech510

this is a 7'' dvd screen i customized to fit into the front dash. i removed the cigarette ash try and lighter assembly and fitted the screen perfectly. My dvd player is beneath the driver front seat ontop of my floormat. check it out

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Great job. I like it, but how well can you see if from the shifter. Does it get in the way?

Take a pic from your perspective when sitting in the driver seat.

What made you customize this rather than go for a in-dash flip out screen?

Autotech510

in dash flip screen doesnt fit properly because the a/c control knobs get in the way when the screen flips out. i decided to get the serperate units because i can fit the screen w/o any blocking or incovience.
heres another pic w/ the shifter

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah, that's why I'm not sold on getting one. How do you like the setup you have?

LiEkjAi

dam, can you do a DIY write up about it, I needa do that too but i don't really know how it is done.

nice but personally id rather just have a flip out wtih out storage slot, cause im preety sure it would fit. the owner of my car before me had one and took it out prior to me buying it. Hey though im not a fan of the ashtray nor the lighter because i dont smoke and no one in my car will ever also the ashtray just gets loaded up with coins which i rather just have out of my car.

+2 for being creative though bro. its a good idea.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
looks good. though i think if it were me i would rather have the screen on top of the head unit instead of below it

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
teg9five said:
looks good. though i think if it were me i would rather have the screen on top of the head unit instead of below it
x2. looks a little off to me, but maybe it's the gaps on the sides. :thumbup: for having it in, though.

nautica_t

wow thats really low. i don't know how you're actually going to be able to use the screen.
nice install though.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
lol just dont shift and crack da screen ... it looks way low ...... by the way dose your radio play dvd 's ?