my integra shuts off in a hot day

bengie

Can somebody please help me i got a 94 integra ls and this is my big problem i drive my car in a hot day for 30 min. and suddenly dies with no warnings like i turn the switch to off he will crank but wont start or sometimes start then dies inmedietly have 2 wait like 10 min.then he starts like nothin happens but runs just for couples of min.and dies again i bought a new distriubator and new relay but keeps doing it the wierd thing is i drive my car in a cool day and he runs perfect with no problems at all

bengie

Can somebody please help me i got a 94 integra ls and this is my big problem i drive my car in a hot day for 30 min. and suddenly dies with no warnings like i turn the switch to off he will crank but wont start or sometimes start then dies inmedietly have 2 wait like 10 min.then he starts like nothin happens but runs just for couples of min.and dies again i bought a new distriubator and new relay but keeps doing it the wierd thing is i drive my car in a cool day and he runs perfect with no problems at all

el_mayto

Your ecu is bad same hapened to my 2000 integra and I changed my main relay and no luck but then I replace the ecu and no more problems so change your ecu....

jjbarosjr

Hello bengie. I read your problem. I would also check the fuel pump. They have a tendency to act funny when they get hot when they are old or defective. I had this probelm with my 88 prelude. No fuel getting to the engine will leave you stranded.

bengie

A mechanic told me or either the distriubator or my fuel pumb cause i allready change my dis.and main relay so when the car does it again should i have to check for fuel preasure?

bengie

Hello bengie. I read your problem. I would also check the fuel pump. They have a tendency to act funny when they get hot when they are old or defective. I had this probelm with my 88 prelude. No fuel getting to the engine will leave you stranded.[/QUOTE

Hi jjbarosjr ill check that first thanks

jjbarosjr

No problem bengie. Whoever you bought that distributor from, make sure you bring it back and get your money refunded to you. The distributor is definetly not the problem. Once they go, they go. The car will not run on ANY kind of day without spark to the spark plug wires.