my last post about the b18a1

what option should i go about this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

broken_scars

ok first of all. how difficult is a swap from a b18 to a b16 vtec

also..i would like to build up my engine..mostly i would like to use oem engine parts wether it be out of a vtec or a type r or whatever...i would like to know about machining and boring the blocks. if this is to much to put or i am being to vauge please let me know.

pm me please to let me know

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
wtf is a shock block lol, the swap is easy but I wouldnt do it unless i got a damn good deal on the B16, I say build your motor

mirrorimg

Build

Or

Build + turbo

Edit: To be honest, I would actually swap it for a GSR. If I could go back in time when I rebuilt my motor, I should have just swapped it. Since I decided to rebuild my LS, Im sort of stuck with it, so my modification continues :)

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
hard choice...GO TURBO AND ULL NEVER REGRET!!! lol

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
WTF is a shock block and PLEASE don't swap a B16. I've never understood why people but B16's in DAs. There's not enough torque to make the motor quick on the street.

What I would do:

Swap for a newer B18B1, put a forged bottom end in it, boost it, tune it, call it a day. The B18B1 is a cheap swap and those motors can make excellent streetable power with a well-choiced turbo setup.

Yeah, you won't have VTEC but w/e. I love my VTEC, but I sure wouldn't mind a VTEC-killing turbo LS in DA either.

Just my .02

Last edited:

broken_scars

a shock block is a block that has been.....haha never mind it was a typo..but thanks. i think i am going to build it up and turbo it...being a college kid i dont have the most money...will type r cams work or is it a waist of time. if anyone has parts they wanna clean out to sell cheaper please let me know. i would apreciate it. thanks everyone