my motor seized

01teggy

so the other day i was driving and it started raining and I have a cold air intake with no hydroshield or bypass on it. It hydrolocked, so I though maybe if I took off the intake and tried starting it, it would work. It did and I have been driving it for about a week now and about two days ago it started to knock really bad. Then today I was driving and out of no where it seized. I am now torn between what to do. It is a b18b1. I want to do a vtec swap but dont know what to do, type-r motor, gsr motor, or rebuild it and make it vtec? any opinions?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
so I though maybe if I took off the intake and tried starting it, it would work
That was a very bad idea ^

You are supposed to pull out the spark plugs and turn it over so the water gets pushed out. Trying to compress the water isn't going to happen.

The engine is up to you. If you're on a budget then it's either:

A) Get an ITR engine just to say you have one
B) Buy a B18C1 and use the leftover money that it would have cost to get the B18C5 and modify the C1 to be better.

Of course if you have the money to buy a B18C5, swap it and modify then you should already know what to do :D

acclude

cheap bastard
yeah, bad idea running that motor without removing the plugs and doing an oil change afterwards :(

GSR may be the cheapest way to go. You'd spend just as much if not more doing the LS/VTEC conv.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
this is like the primary reason i decided to put a aem sri rather than a cai.

damn,... when i graduated all i got was a pair of designer sunglasses.

01teggy

hello everyone, thank you for the input, I have decided on going with a gsr motor, I have realized now that the whole taking the intake off was a bad idea but whatever its done and over with now, you learn from your mistakes.
As of right now the motor is going to be out of the car tomorrow and just waiting to find a motor, I did get a pm from someone about a gsr motor that i will probably pick up. Anyone have any ideas on what other random stuff I should get to make the install that much better. I have a pretty good idea of what I want and what I need but input never hurts.
Thanks again everyone for the support I will have pictures up of the removal and build soon!!!!

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
im so pissed now. my motors "hydrolocked" yesterday cause i accidently drove into the paddle. yes i have cai v2! what dumb ass i am. sighs. after thats happened, I went to home and took the spark plug out and turn it over but i dont see wet anywhere on valve cover after i turn it over. I checked the oil and saw little milky so i changed oil! I WILL CHANGE OIL AGAIN IN 2 days.. i need your help! whats either i need to do? take intake maniford off and clean up inside??

im sorry about my grammer cause im in a rush. thanks

Asfan42069

I seized my 98 Integra LS b18b1, have little to no knowledge about cars (this is my first post lol) and I'm broke. I have the option to buy a 93 ls (for 500) with (what I believe to be) the same engine. If I just swap the engines will I pass smog? Is there anything I want to change while im swapping the engines? Is there anything I want to do to the engine while its out?

1994 Integra

I seized my 98 Integra LS b18b1, have little to no knowledge about cars (this is my first post lol) and I'm broke. I have the option to buy a 93 ls (for 500) with (what I believe to be) the same engine. If I just swap the engines will I pass smog? Is there anything I want to change while im swapping the engines? Is there anything I want to do to the engine while its out?
Hey asfan. Welcome to the forum. Please do everyone a favor and use that search bar in the top right corner. Very helpful! :D