My new 95' LS!

Seattle'sFinest

How's it goin guys, To start off my name is Cody (CDeane91), I'm 20 years old and I live in WA state, I have always been fascinated with Tuner cars but I never really had the money, or time to get into them. So Luckily, I got hired at Boeing at only 19 years old, and I have decided to persue my intrested in these cars more.

I picked up a 1995 Acura Integra LS, with a b18b1 Motor, body has 176,000 miles on it, but the motor has around 90,000. It is a Automatic (for now :] ) I have Alot of ideas and plans for it I will be adding things and upgrading here and there, I am welcome to ANY ideas (as Im not very familier yet) Its not QUITE a daily driver, but I would like to drive it to work a couple times a week.

Heres what I'm going to do with in the next few weeks:
Paint the Valve Cover
Side mirrors (Some D-bag threw an egg at my car on easter and broke my driver side mirror :evil: )
Adjust the coilovers so that the car is raised higher (Its way to low for me)
Viper Car Alarm
Passanger window motor
Im going to paint the rims red, The guy i bought the car from only gave me 15 lug nuts :evil: so it gives me an exscuse to buy some new ones (Black or Gold, not sure yet)
I will edit as time goes on, There is really no budget, Pretty much i get paid every 2 weeks, and I have very little bills, pretty much prime time to build my car, so please Ideas, opinions, anything feel free to post!

Here she is out side of the house, just how i bought it.
Pics:

Are you cereal! Thankfully it was just a broken hose, even more thankful Autozone was literally right around the corner!
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7112/smokejs.jpg

So I take it to the mechanic and see whats going on, he tells me its going to be 742.00$ for a full tune up (ha hahah haa never), he also told me my tranny was shot, Im pretty sure its not, i think its the catalytic converter myself (what happens is unless you hammer it from 0mph- you have no power, and after you let off the gas, or it shifts all power is gone from the car, it just barely accelerates even when floored) << opinions? Also god forbid i try a hill.

Anyways he told me the cam cap is leaking, sure enough it is, so i order a new one, and im now in the process of replacing it, Im kind of stuck right now, Ive been doing research and i just cant find a how-to on the b18b1 motor, I already took the valve cover off, (For painting) now I dont know if i have to take of the two most inner bolts to the cam cap? Or just pry the plastic one off and rubber mallet the aluminum one in? Any tips would be greatly appriciated:

Valve cover before:

Valve cover after: (keep in mind this was my first time ever painting a valve cover, so im 99.99% certian i used to much judging by the looks of it) luckily i bought two cans so later on I will be able to make it look better, but for now this will have to suffice.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4974/valvecoverround1.jpg

Here is the Cam Cap that is needing replacement, and the bolts i am talking about

New one, has two brown seals

And now my question from above! Do i just kinda pry the plastic one out, and tap the aluminum one in? or do i remove these to bolts here:

more car shots

Thanks for reading! I will be updating frequantly!

justjdm

DB8 Whore
You gotta take them 2 bolts off and then lightly tap on the housing to pop it off, then you'll be able to pull off the plug and install your new one. Be careful when you tighten the bolts back down so you don't snap on!

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
car looks really good!
As far as cosmetics, your should give the spoiler a paint, or maybe the whole car.
Foe rims, I suggest you get Rota GT3 rims, They come in red, black, green, etc. Those are nice tuner rims for your car. Im planning on buying it to.

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
If you ever need some OEM parts, hit up acuraoemparts.com I've ordered plenty of things from them, pretty cheap, and quick to ship
If I were you, I'd ditch the tint on the tail lights. And don't get Rotas... EVERYONE has them.. get something different.

CDeane91

Hey guys, yeah I don't know about the Rotas yet, everyone does have them!
As far as the spoiler it's carbon fiber,
Idk what color to paint it! I really like the white on red
I will check the oem sight in just a few, I'm going to replace that cap now,
My buddy's on his way to help me raise the car up so I can get the " / \ " shape off the front tires
I'll post pics later on today!

CDeane91

Also what are those bolts called so I can find it in the haynes book so when I torque them back down :| thanks!

Seattle'sFinest

So yesterday I went to raise the car up, and I have two different kinds of coilover springs :shock:
On top of that, one of the lug nut bolts are super stripped (which explains why there was 15 lug nuts lol)

Meh, so i have a good weekend of work ahead of me. I will post pics soon as i get home, of the damage!

Also, Im going to be converting to a 5speed soon, pretty stoked for that.

Take care all.