My new GSR swapppp!!!

lsteggy11

I have no idea where this thread should be nor do i care bc my swap that ive been working on all weekend will finally be on the road in the next few hours!!!! :twisted: pics to come soon!!!

01FTW

Im happy for you, seriously. Pics would be great.

Also, in all honostly, putting a gsr engine in an Integra is not that special, its just making an integra ls a integra GSR. I have a gsr, great car, but I think the engine would be even better in a lighter car...like a civic, crx (even though I think they're ugly), etc.

Now if you put something more powerful and/or rare into your teg like a K series engine or b18c5, then it would be more brag worthy.

Anyways, congradulations.

Cripton805

Im happy for you, seriously. Pics would be great.

Also, in all honostly, putting a gsr engine in an Integra is not that special, its just making an integra ls a integra GSR. I have a gsr, great car, but I think the engine would be even better in a lighter car...like a civic, crx (even though I think they're ugly), etc.

Now if you put something more powerful and/or rare into your teg like a K series engine or b18c5, then it would be more brag worthy.

Anyways, congradulations.
My buddys "GSR" is putting down 280whp to the wheels bored out to a 2.2, running E85, 15:1 compression. All motor. I think a GSR can be something to brag about...
especially over an ITR because everything can be replaced.

You can run 13s all day on a built head and a good tune and thats on a Integra.

Last edited:

01FTW

My buddys "GSR" is putting down 280whp to the wheels bored out to a 2.2, running E85, 15:1 compression. All motor. I think a GSR can be something to brag about...
especially over an ITR because everything can be replaced.

You can run 13s all day on a built head and a good tune and thats on a Integra.
Not everyone has the money do do that shit, man. Have you been living in our country in the last 4 years? The economy is fucked and that shits expensive.

So yes, any car can be fast if you got the money to turbo it, build it, etc...

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
congrats man! im dying for that day to finally come for my LS. idc what anyone says, moments like these are special to us :D

Cripton805

Not everyone has the money do do that s***, man. Have you been living in our country in the last 4 years? The economy is f***ed and that s***s expensive.

So yes, any car can be fast if you got the money to turbo it, build it, etc...
A fully built Brian Crower setup is only about 1k.
That 1k will give you K20 power for the money you would have spent trying to get that K20 in. And not even that. Dont even mention the ITR anymore.

I didnt like that you put down his swap and talked crap about the GSR, because you can get more than ITR gains for less money than the ITR swap. It would be about the same after tuning, but with more power. The ITR is a good swap if you plan to stay stock, but dont talk people down if this guy is clearly proud of his swap. And that engine has awesome potential.

200whp is fairly easily obtainable.

itzrivera

That 1k will give you K20 power for the money you would have spent trying to get that K20 in. And not even that. Dont even mention the ITR anymore.

I didnt like that you put down his swap and talked crap about the GSR, because you can get more than ITR gains for less money than the ITR swap. It would be about the same after tuning, but with more power. The ITR is a good swap if you plan to stay stock, but dont talk people down if this guy is clearly proud of his swap. And that engine has awesome potential.

^wheres the like button for this post
:D

AlexD

J13 sooo mad

Cant even compare a gsr to a k20. A Gsr with a fully built head and cams will still get walked by an i/h/e k20.

Ive seen bolt on K20s make power in the low 200s, and thats intake/header/exhaust/reflash

To make power like that on a B series its going to take much more than a built head and cams.

I love the B series, I have one myself, but the K series platform is superior in everyway to a B series

Cripton805

Cant even compare a gsr to a k20. A Gsr with a fully built head and cams will still get walked by an i/h/e k20.

Ive seen bolt on K20s make power in the low 200s, and thats intake/header/exhaust/reflash

To make power like that on a B series its going to take much more than a built head and cams.

I love the B series, I have one myself, but the K series platform is superior in everyway to a B series
I would assume that a stock K20 "T-S or Si"
Would put down around 180 to the wheels. Maybe 15 or if you have some real nasty bolt ons & maybe a tune, 20whp. that will be around 190-200whp and some nice torque.
(Of course this is all over estimating)

After all the money you spent putting into that K20 and putting it in, you have a fully built GSR N/a engine. That engine my buddy built cost him 8-9k.

So, would you like to tell me how logical it would be to swap in a k20?
Take into consideration, that it will be harder to tune, bolt ons are far more expensive, as well as internal modifications.

Yes, a GSR can hit 200whp with a built head & a good tune. Go research it. And thats spanking stock K20s. And yet that K20 would still cost thousands more & to swap in.

Bring an RSX-S or SI into this, and a 200whp Integra GSR would leave them dusted on the line due to the weight difference, even with bolt ons.

The only way a K20 is a logical choice is if its already in your car stock or came with it."or if money wasnt an option"

Even though, an Integra GSR is almost on par with the RSX-S. They will both be on par once you start building, but the GSR is cheaper. Yes the RSX would be making more power, but the weight difference would be hoding it back to remain on par with a GSR always.

Cripton805

Of course my argument is not that the k20 isnt superior, im simply stating, that it never is a logical swap unless you're building a flat out race motor swapped into something as light as a feather. It's a dumb swap to do if youre just going to have a K20 w/ IHE

200whp B18C > 200whp K20Z

Major money difference. Start building internally to break that and that K20 is going to be F'n pricey as hell. More that it already would be.

Last edited: