my new integra!

passon13

how much should i expect to pay for insurance if i have an ls? what do you guys pay?
i'm 21, never got any tickets or been in any accidents and i live in florida if that makes a difference... its a 2dr ls
thanks for all the help everyone!

94RS

No fucks given.
i'm 21, never got any tickets or been in any accidents and i live in florida if that makes a difference... its a 2dr ls
thanks for all the help everyone!

Before I had to stop driving mine (two motor mounts broke), I was paying around $180/month on my Dads' insurance. But I'm 19, so Idk if that would make any difference? I also live in Florida, no accidents or tickets and have a 1994 RS 2dr.

mmyk

My headlights was like yours. Toothpaste works really nicely to get the yellow off. I also have water/condensation on the left one, bad! Another post said the only solution is to replace the headlights, which I was thinking about. But, having to take the entire front bumper off first is a pain, so I might just live with it.

Insurance varies with state. I'm in MA and pay only $300 / yr (no collusion). That's as cheap as it gets. I've a 94 LS. Oh, you got your car at a great price. I'd bet it can go for $2800-3000 easy!

passon13

thanks guys! ya i dont really wanna go through taking the bumper off, prob just gonna buy the stuff to clean off the yellow a bit. also i switched everything into my name today and im payin around $150 for full coverage, not as bad as i thought it would be

passon13

hey another quick question i have an aem short ram intake that came with it, it says the item number is 21-408 and i need a new filter for it, i cannot find it anywhere though!! can anyone help as to where i can get this? i checked the aem website and cant find a filter for it.. or am i not looking good enough?! thanks again everyone! you all have been very welcoming and helpful to a new integra owner!

passon13

cleaned the engine a bit, im going to go back in and do more cause i feel it can still get cleaner but heres a before and after pic so far... there was sooooo much oil and gunk everywhere, the previous owner replaced the valve cover gaskett last yer, guess they never cleaned the mess after :/

94RS

No fucks given.
Damn, it looks like you bought a whole new intake after the cleaning. What'd you use to clean up the bay?

passon13

Damn, it looks like you bought a whole new intake after the cleaning. What'd you use to clean up the bay?
i used a mixture of purple power, water and used an old toothbrush, would have been so much easier with a hose haha... i think its good for now, i want to paint the engine red eventually and get some black rims maybe, first i have to fix the brakes and im going to change the spark plugs and wires because they are the originals since the car was made, and it has 132,000 miles on them lol

passon13

also the filter has little cracks on it where it meets the intake on the rybber, should i get a new one?

94RS

No fucks given.
i used a mixture of purple power, water and used an old toothbrush, would have been so much easier with a hose haha... i think its good for now, i want to paint the engine red eventually and get some black rims maybe, first i have to fix the brakes and im going to change the spark plugs and wires because they are the originals since the car was made, and it has 132,000 miles on them lol
Awesome, I'll have to try that out on my car. I'm too scared to hose everything off in case it soaks into the electrics.

When I got my car, I don't think anything was ever changed. Oil was pitch black, plugs & wires were burnt, distributor was cracked in half, air filter was so brittle it turned to dust when i took it out. The b**** of it was, I bought it with 105k miles lol.

I'd do a full tune up since you just bought it, but that's due to the experience above.

Also, I wouldn't chance running a cracked air filter, I'd suggest getting a new one. According to AEM's site (going by the SRI they have on there), this is the filter you'd need to replace your cracked one :http://autoplicity.com/products/278239-AEM_21202DK_aem_induction_dryflow_synthetic_air_filters.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_content=278239NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT

passon13

Awesome, I'll have to try that out on my car. I'm too scared to hose everything off in case it soaks into the electrics.

When I got my car, I don't think anything was ever changed. Oil was pitch black, plugs & wires were burnt, distributor was cracked in half, air filter was so brittle it turned to dust when i took it out. The b**** of it was, I bought it with 105k miles lol.

I'd do a full tune up since you just bought it, but that's due to the experience above.

Also, I wouldn't chance running a cracked air filter, I'd suggest getting a new one. According to AEM's site (going by the SRI they have on there), this is the filter you'd need to replace your cracked one :http://autoplicity.com/products/278239-AEM_21202DK_aem_induction_dryflow_synthetic_air_filters.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_content=278239NOFITMENT&utm_campaign=GSNOFITMENT
thank you so much!!! i will def do that!! i have been looking for a filter to fit this intake and i couldnt find it! you have been a great help! thanks alot!! how did you know which one i needed? the product number for the intake is 21-408