My Offical Build Thread- "Ethel"

94rs-gharp

sorry I haven't posted in so long, but my car isn't running yet the second engine block had too much heat damage so it stripped the head studs. FM. Plus 2 weeks ago I lost my job so im job searching as well but im on my way to pick up a block for 60 bucks im praying it will work if it doesn't work I don't know what im going to do with the car im really depressed it isn't running yet butim just praying it will work so I can get my car back ill post when I get more info!

Cman46290

damn man... sorry to hear you had to go through all of that... total bummer.... good luck with it... and keep us posted~

94rs-gharp

well I got the Motor and I'm Praying that it will work It looked like it was setup for turbo. It had the oil) Pan tapped and had a Brass Fixture attached where the oil pressure switch is sort improving it wirework. Hopefully it will be in the Car in a week

94rs-gharp

Sorry if my spelling is off I'm using my girls tablet and I'm writing on the Screen with the pen what I'm saying

94rs-gharp

well a little update the motor is ready my dad is dropping off parts today (oil and couple belts) im praying it works this time. I also moved to Charlottesville since I last posted (moved with GF) and I have a job now. I need a couple things before monday gets here i need turn signals (front) and the electrical plug that plugs into the back of the turn signals. i need 1 plug im gonna look in the FS section but i need help QUICK! Im in VA so outta state wont help me here

decision4life

Just read through the build and I was wondering, isn't the b20 intake cam smaller than the b18? When I was searching for cams I read that the b18 head flowed just a tad better cause of the intake cam. I may be wrong but I was hoping you could clarify this.

94rs-gharp

im not 100% sure i did do research on here and the cams are identical from what i learned its just the bore is larger in the b20 making it a 2.0

decision4life

Ok I read on a cam comparison that the b18 was just like .3 or .03 higher lift but I've never got any real evidence to prove it.
*edit The b20z cams are the same as the b1 but the b20b are the one that are a tad smaller

Last edited:

94rs-gharp

if you search my name on here and for post started by user then you will see what ive searched but .03 thirty thousands of an inch shouldnt mae too much of a difference its basically 5 sheets of notebook paper thick (for comparison)

decision4life

Ok I just wasn't for sure, I didn't mean nothin bad by it. I've just never knew of anyone acutally doin the swap, just people who have went by what they've heard