my pink dc4!?

alyssafacex

Plasti-dipped wheels? Thats a first, how do they hold up to the heat?

And sounds like a nice ride. Hows the trans holding up for ya, The older 5's arnt exactly the best out there, but I guess its really just how you drive it, because they said the Subaru 5mt was a glass box and mine was fine when I pulled it at 120k.

Stock turbo FTW, dont you just love the lack of lag? :) Plus it kicks so hard so fast you can hang the ass-end out easily.
he needs a tranny rebuild, 4th was grinding for a while, after he switched to amsoil it's been okay for now. the wheels are fine actually! they don't chip if rocks hit them, and even if they do get scuffed, you can just spray them again and it'll fill it in. win! i was going to buy him a 9 turbo but he wouldn't let me, and i think hes regretting it now. :lol:

lowteg99

Plasti-dipped wheels? Thats a first, how do they hold up to the heat?

And sounds like a nice ride. Hows the trans holding up for ya, The older 5's arnt exactly the best out there, but I guess its really just how you drive it, because they said the Subaru 5mt was a glass box and mine was fine when I pulled it at 120k.

Stock turbo FTW, dont you just love the lack of lag? :) Plus it kicks so hard so fast you can hang the ass-end out easily.
haha yeah the stock turbo is alright. i want the fp green cause its sposed to hold more up top. my tranny is starting to grind in 4th sometimes but the guy before me beat the piss out of it and it was already rebuilt once. when i got the car it didnt have the original shortblock and it had crank walk and piston slap so i had to drop in a new shortblock. i can out spool the turbo in 4th gear and it chokes alittle bit cause it cant keep. with tephra no lift shift i have like no lag at all :)

speedin

The Transporter
he needs a tranny rebuild, 4th was grinding for a while, after he switched to amsoil it's been okay for now. the wheels are fine actually! they don't chip if rocks hit them, and even if they do get scuffed, you can just spray them again and it'll fill it in. win! i was going to buy him a 9 turbo but he wouldn't let me, and i think hes regretting it now. :lol:
haha yeah the stock turbo is alright. i want the fp green cause its sposed to hold more up top. my tranny is starting to grind in 4th sometimes but the guy before me beat the piss out of it and it was already rebuilt once. when i got the car it didnt have the original shortblock and it had crank walk and piston slap so i had to drop in a new shortblock. i can out spool the turbo in 4th gear and it chokes alittle bit cause it cant keep. with tephra no lift shift i have like no lag at all :)
Yea their tranny's arnt the best. And it does sound like someone neglected and beat the shit of of the car before you bought it, thats some serious damage.

Plasti-dip is cool stuff, I used that to do an all black interior conversion (car was tan from the window line up). But it can still be scratched off :(, thats why I was curious how it held up on wheels. Did you use the spray cans?

But sounds like a fun car. Keeps the two Honda's in check ;)

makindue84

Oh man! I think you should get a jacket for your car. Your baby is cold. :D

lowteg99

Yea their tranny's arnt the best. And it does sound like someone neglected and beat the shit of of the car before you bought it, thats some serious damage.

Plasti-dip is cool stuff, I used that to do an all black interior conversion (car was tan from the window line up). But it can still be scratched off :(, thats why I was curious how it held up on wheels. Did you use the spray cans?

But sounds like a fun car. Keeps the two Honda's in check ;)
yeah i actually found the idea on a vw forum, i wanted to paint my wheels but didnt know what i should use so i searched google and found tons of different diy threads on various forums and then found that one and it seemed like a sweet idea so i had to try it out and sanded the wheels down good and then did it again with a more rougher grit sandpaper and then just wiped them down, taped them off, then rattle canned away. i havent had any problems with heat at all, it sits out in the sun and is right beside the huge brembos and it doesnt affect them at all. brake dust does make them look like shit so i gotta wipe them down like once a week haha but oh well

Oh man! I think you should get a jacket for your car. Your baby is cold. :D
its bad enough when you use a cheesey pick up line with a woman, not to mention talking about a car... fail

Last edited:

Jabes

i might be able to hook you up with some i got a shell that im pullin my ls-turbo motor out of soon just pm with a offer

.Cortez

94' LS
Alyssa! I havnt spoken to you in awhile! How's the car? I'm so not going through 47 pages to catch up! whats new? I just remmeber it being stock >.<

Jabes

heres a pic of the tails, i only have one front corner in amber but i think there was a guy in the f/s section selling amber fronts

alyssafacex

Alyssa! I havnt spoken to you in awhile! How's the car? I'm so not going through 47 pages to catch up! whats new? I just remmeber it being stock >.<
AHHH piiicccccc. the teg is sitting all alone at my bfs, ready to be sold. haha. put some 17s on it so hopefully someone will buy it now :lol:
i bought an EG though! its got a 2000 GSR swap in it and some other goodies, i've got big plans for it whenever i start getting some money rolling in!
whats new with you??

heres a pic of the tails, i only have one front corner in amber but i think there was a guy in the f/s section selling amber fronts
oh sweet! i'll pm you then :)