My plans/how to remove the shift knob?

awright3331

G1 TEG
i started thinking about this a few hours ago. i have found out that I can remove my center console by removing bolts that are under the dash. That being said, when I go to install the blue lighting, im going to install some in the center console itself, now hear me out - We all know how shitty our teggys are when it comes to DRINKS, a cup holder would be perfect in our cars but acura didnt do it for some reason..... But I realized theres a good size space between the shifter and the ebrake handle, IF you were to take and shorten the ebrake handle a good inch or so, and make sure you can still lock and unlock the ebrake without doing some ghetto bull sh**** and get fabricate pieces to the center console that would raise it in that area to where it would be no higher than the seat, and then fabricate and mount cup holders in that area

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ill probably end up doing that instead, now on to the shift knob, how the hell do you remove it, seems as though mines super glued to the stick!

94RS

No fucks given.
Lol, you didn't try twisting first? Be glad that worked, Saturn's shift knobs are unthreaded, so you have to put it in 4th and either sit in the back seat and yank REALLY hard and hopefully not leave the shift pattern imprinted in your forehead, or use a standard screwdriver and tap it with a hammer.

awright3331

G1 TEG
Lol, you didn't try twisting first? Be glad that worked, Saturn's shift knobs are unthreaded, so you have to put it in 4th and either sit in the back seat and yank REALLY hard and hopefully not leave the shift pattern imprinted in your forehead, or use a standard screwdriver and tap it with a hammer.
now that would be funny as hell to see someone walking through the store with a 5 speed shift pattern on there face!

XjoEnX

i think someone did it before and it looked odd
Someone did it on a G3 Integra before and it looked like complete crap. It was functional but I didn't like the sacrifice of hacking up the e-brake. I would never risk fucking up the e-brake just to hold a cup.

94RS

No fucks given.
Odd that they'd do it to a G3, my OEM cupholder works fine. Even with big ass fountain drinks... My car is automatic though....

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Thought the title was a joke...... I am horrified.
Glad you got it figured out OP :thumbs up
Lol, same thing.

Turn it really hard to the left! Lmao....

Y not just squeeze a cup inbetween the ebrake handle and the seat? It holds...