My progress thread

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
what!? how did you find your shade of black in spray paint? btw it looks really good
lol its actually not the same shade. It's very close though. It's duplicolor van&truck black. When i painted it on originally it was kind of greenish. Now in the direct sun light, if you get reeeaalllly close, it's like a deep charcoal grey. But even about 6 inches close to it it looks like black =) got lucky i guess.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
lol its actually not the same shade. It's very close though. It's duplicolor van&truck black. When i painted it on originally it was kind of greenish. Now in the direct sun light, if you get reeeaalllly close, it's like a deep charcoal grey. But even about 6 inches close to it it looks like black =) got lucky i guess.
There are actually some shops that will mix paint in a spray can to the exact color you need. We have one here where I live, it costs more but it will be exactly what you want.

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
There are actually some shops that will mix paint in a spray can to the exact color you need. We have one here where I live, it costs more but it will be exactly what you want.
yeah there are a few places around here that do it too but i plan on doing some more body work and eventually re-painting the entire car myself, so i figured if i could get close enough it wouldnt really bother me.

Apollo

Looks awesome man, nice job. I'm going to be painting a full ITR lip kit for my '98 here pretty soon, but haven't done a lot of body work. Any tips you'd be willing to offer?

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
Looks awesome man, nice job. I'm going to be painting a full ITR lip kit for my '98 here pretty soon, but haven't done a lot of body work. Any tips you'd be willing to offer?
The biggest piece of advice would be **FREQUENT SANDING** I never sanded between coats and had to sand out alot of orange peel when i was done. You should wet sand after every two coats of paint/clear (if you are gonna use it.) And there is the obvious 'make sure you cover everything evenly' there is a thin spot on the underside of my bumper that looks almost green if you were to crawl down ther with a light and look at it...lucky for me I guess.

Anyways enough rambling, good luck!

-97lsteg