my review of the F1 racing stage 1 xlutch thus far

Dtackett

yeah flywheel not pressure plate sorry lol

and as for your situation prozon, i hate that you are having problems but i wouldnt have put a cheap clutch like f1 racing on an actual race application, stock and SLIGHTLY modded i would say go for it, but anything more i would say go with a better clutch

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
My F1 Racing stage 3 clutch is slipping. Running 10psi on my turbo and it can't hold up.
It doesn't slip under light throttle, but when running full boost it just can't handle it. It's supposed to be rated to like 300+hp and I know i'm not making that much.

5500 miles on the clutch. Replacing it with a stage 3 competition clutch in a few weeks.
Amen, i learned my lesson, FLAME ON, i wont buy ebay performance parts anymore, F1 and XTD both failed me, im getting something with actual R&D

ModelEfficiency

This is long due, but I got my clutch kit. I opened it all up and when I shook the disc, one of the springs was making a noise, as if something were loose. This was enough for me to return it and get an Exedy OEM replacement. I'm actually still waiting for the package to arrice at Speed Solutions Intl., and if they do not find a defect, I will be charged a 25% restocking fee.

Btw! The car is actually for sale now, it's located in Georgia, about an hour north of Atlanta. Check out my thread on G2, I have the same username.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Dtacket, it's a daily driver- not a racecar lol.

After speaking with Rich, I adjusted my clutch. It certainly grabs a heck of a lot better now and I haven't had it slip yet, but I haven't put the power down yet. I guess I will have to go abuse it tomorrow and see if it slips again.

We'll see. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Dtackett

sweet, and i know yours is a dd but the turbo is more performance then i would trust to cheap parts lol

Dtackett

not but think about the work, the blood you lost putting it in, the skin that clutch caused you to lose. atleast mine took skind and blood from me :(

Prozon

Kris
o_O Actually it wasn't a big deal. I pulled the transmission out so I could rebuild it. I wanted a reliable drive train so I rebuilt the engine/transmission and installed a new clutch at the same time lol.

Dtackett

lol thats a lot of work for me lol. i may sell my car just because im tired of working on it. i love my car and love the gas mileage but gotta have something more reliable and i found a 98 durango 4wd sitting on 33inch tires for 8k

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
lol thats a lot of work for me lol. i may sell my car just because im tired of working on it. i love my car and love the gas mileage but gotta have something more reliable and i found a 98 durango 4wd sitting on 33inch tires for 8k
A Dodge more reliable? The only thing a particular Dodge could be more reliable than would have to be just another Dodge. :lol:

Dtackett

ok ok in general under normal circumstances a honda is much more reliable then a dodge but considering i run a landscaping company, my car rarely runs the way it should right now because i dont have the time or money to work on it. so right now a new car or truck of any make is more reliable then my car.

Prozon

Kris
After adjustment my clutch is perfect again. It's holding up to 250-300hp right now. Actually I can loose traction in third gear lol.

I say this clutch is a win. :thumbs up