My Seafoam Test Video On My Type-r

nautica_t

yeah it should help. some cars don't do so good with seafoam as it breaks down clogged up portions of gunk that was covering up leaks and actually causes the gunk to evap and begin to leak.

DC2tegraGSR

Wow so all you do is that? Seems simple enough, it helps clean the internals right? I want to try it on mines but I 'm not really 100% sure yet. Keep us updated with this stuff, I want to know what the long terms effect would be

bsampson

I bought the SeaFoam motor treatment for my 2001 Acura Integra Type-R. It was a crazy show LOL. Check out the video. So far I have experienced driving it after, drives smoother in my opinon, idles smoother as well. Just feels like im driving a clean engine all inside. I recomend it. Its only like 7 dollars.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/SEAFOAM-TEST-ON-MY-2001_199685.htm

what kind of exaust is that? i like the sound

GSROWNSU

wouldn't recommend it on any car really. This is all my opinion but if that crap really eats off carbon what does it do to valve seals and piston rings :shock: There have been many cases with higher mileage engines starting to burn oil and run worse after the use of Seafoam. Hmmm wonder why?? :roll: I've also heard a few stories of guys who let the engine suck too much in too fast through the IM and hydrolock with it lol. Shit is dangerous i would never use it on anything i own IMO

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ They'd have to be dumping it in instead of letting it suck it in if they were locking up the engine because of it... That's pretty intense for this stuff tho...

I've used it on all my cars. 210,000 on my civic, and all she's got wrong with her is a leaking water pump now. (which has nothing to do with the internals and sea foam) lol

EDIT: off topic, but when you coming back up here to chill homie? You're the closest CI member, and I've seen you like once. haha

Last edited:

blackhawk070

hope you changed the oil after you finished the seafoam. that stuff degrades the viscosity of the oil when used to clean the internals.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't like it. Sorry but I don't believe in using any additives in my cars.

Anyway all it does is clean away carbon buildup, which if your running 93 octane in your type r you shouldn't have anyway. If I was going to use an aditive it would be the bg44k

Last edited:

Thrule01

Honda Addict
I did the same on my 99 gsr....

I let it sit for like 10 min as well...Then i started it and drove it for another 10 min (trip to autozone and back) and then changed the oil and plugs....

My car runs a good bit better as well...

heykosal

Angkorian

Anyway all it does is clean away carbon buildup, which if your running 93 octane in your type r you shouldn't have anyway. If I was going to use an aditive it would be the bg44k
Agreed.

pepsilude

yeah it should help. some cars don't do so good with seafoam as it breaks down clogged up portions of gunk that was covering up leaks and actually causes the gunk to evap and begin to leak.
That's what i always heard and makes me not wanna do it.

g3teg97

Super Moderator

I've used injector clean from Gumout without any issues. I figure on a higher mileage car, won't hurt. I guess it's about the same as 93 octane.

But I've alwasys saw that seafoam does good short term, but long term is does more harm than good.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I occasionally use Restore engine restorer and Valvoline fuel injector cleaner. That's pretty much it.