my super long build (s) of my integra

00tegls

ok so heres the deal i have found over 100 pictures of my integra through about 4 changes it has been through in 2 years. sorry they arent all in order but i think you can figure out what is what. the silver came first, than the flat black than the lexus grey usmd and than ofcourse the rhd jdm. everything from the first day i got it to yesterday. i was always picky on how i wanted the car and was going through alot of different ideas before i finally found the one i love :lol: there is not much of a story behind most of them except for the last one. in july i was teboned in the front (yes youll see pictures in the album) the car was totaled by the insurance company and i paid to keep the car. at first i was going to just do a jdm front end swap, but after looking at the car closer, the rail was bent. so one day at work we were all talking about what i was going to do with the car and we just so happened to check ebay for jdm front ends. we found a rhd conversion for 1700 with pretty much everything we needed to do it. it started out as a joke, and turned into one of the craziest things the shop has ever seen. now because the rail was bent we couldnt just do the firewall conversion. we could have and just used the jdm rail but we decided front clipping the car would be easier. so many head aches went into doing this 4 month project i almost gave up and made it lhd. but my girlfriend talked me out of it everytime, and im glad she did :). all in alll there are not many of these in south jersey where im from so everytime i drive the car everyone i see turns their heads. the first time i drove it a guy in worked 2011 suburu wrx sti COMPLEMENTED MY CAR. its amazing that i get nothing but complements on the car. its a good feeling when you finally get the car how you envisoned it in your mind. but of course its always changing in your mind and the build is never over until you get rid of the car. i guess im going to have a long build haha

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rhdteggy/

Brockey

Nice! Looks good. You cut the front off all together instead of removing the front by the spot welds... Brave man! No doubt it cuts down on a load of work tho. Well there's a lot of welding to do this way I guess tho. Do you stitch weld everything back?

Anyways sweet car. Giving me ideas. I've been searching for a jdm front and have debated a rhd swap several times. How do you find the car for driving? I drove a 94 rhd Supra, it was terrible with the blind spots in traffic here. I had a 94 rhd Evo, that was a weapon. With all the windows it was easy in traffic. Wish my mechanic/ best bud never sold them!

00tegls

thanks! well what i did was welded all the inner stuff (rocker and posts) fully and than the same with the outter panels once i put them back on top. actually it wasnt as much welding as you think because i sat the line right under the seat bars and tack welded them back down than i seam sealed the floors together because there isnt really much structural integrity there. i also put under coating on the whole underside to stop water and rust and also spray foam in the rockers to do the same thing. as for driving the mirror are messed up because they are american and there must be a difference with jdm ones but yes blind spots are a pain so i have to physically look into my blind spot but its not bad. i would suggest if you do a rhd conversion to have all the jdm parts looked at and rebuilt if possible because i had cuts in my ps line from japan that i didnt open until i was ready to put it on and it was a mess. but if you want it go for it. total head turner!

Brockey

Thxs for the reply. I've been thinking about this even more and found another Teg owner with a very well documented photo trail of his rhd swap using the same method as yours. Looks amazing. I plan on ordering a jdm front as soon as I finish two other ongoing projects so I have a bit of time to make the decision. Im sure I'll be looking to ask you some questions if I go this route.
This again