my teg build

emd513

i havent posted updates so here is what i have so far. going to order new control arms and camber kits this week

mirrorimg

Is the lens on your camera fogged up? All of these pics are pretty blurry.

Is that undercoating you put inside to fend off rust?

emd513

the one i used helps with that and also helps with sound. we carry it at auto zone in spray cans. think i went through about 10 cans of that stuff for inside and out.still going to get sound mat to put in it but i figured it wouldnt hurt to use this stuff as well

emd513

and i was using my black berry so the pic quality is not all that great and i think shit has gotten behind my lens

SnD3

Wow, a lot of color on the parts! I don't know how it's going to look with the black/copper color you are going with. :) It should be interesting when you finish it! I like the red on the intake, that looks killer! As far as painting the block and head, you might want to go ahead, and use engine enamel... It will heat up, and cause the granules of spray to melt, as if it is a powder coat... Regular paint might just burn off. lol

emd513

its undercoating made by rust oleum. and i used engine enamel on the motor just not the valve cover. no one i know uses engine paint on valve covers. they dont heat enough to worry about it. and regular paint is good to approx 350 degrees, then u have to add the engine primer and clear coat to that. wal mart sales the undercoating as well as auto zone. theres 3 different kinds. standard which i used and it all leaves a rubber feel, rust makes a professional version that has more sound proofing in it and 3m makes on as well thats suppose to be the best, but i plan on running more sound proof and i was doing it to help keep rust from starting and get rid of that nasty old crap that was in there. probably lost 30 lbs

emd513

to open for more air and a smoother intrance for the air to flow. im going to use a piece so that the air and fuel can still mix like they need to. but there is no point in using a stock intake side and porting the exhaust side if you are just going to be putting out the same amount of gases. i have decided to go turbo an after i went on youtube and saw ryans 640 whp integra spanking z06 corvettes and vipers i think thats the best way for me. so right now im building the motor and getting everything done for it and going to break it in with out turbo then pick up exactly which turbo is best for my build. it will be a while before im done till then im stuck in a piece of shit saturn.lol who would have thought

to open for more air and a smoother intrance for the air to flow. im going to use a piece so that the air and fuel can still mix like they need to. but there is no point in using a stock intake side and porting the exhaust side if you are just going to be putting out the same amount of gases. i have decided to go turbo an after i went on youtube and saw ryans 640 whp integra spanking z06 corvettes and vipers i think thats the best way for me. so right now im building the motor and getting everything done for it and going to break it in with out turbo then pick up exactly which turbo is best for my build. it will be a while before im done till then im stuck in a piece of shit saturn.lol who would have thought
Did you port it on a flow bench?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The intake side is rough because it helps keep t he gas mix with the air better. The whole reason its bumpy is to create turbulance to help the air/fuel mix.