My teg + water = IM ON A BOAT

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Happened at work on June 15th....that day we got like 5" of rain in less than a few hourse I just got the pics from work..

I got a total of 45 pics total of the flood in parking lot + my teg and yes my car hyrdo locked but my work insurance paid to get it fixed. Cause they didnt block off the parking lot or try to clear the drain. It was stopped up with tree limbs and stumps. After 4 cups of water out of my cylinders,new battery,spark plug wires and spark plugs, not to mention the $380 bill (not including the tow bill, I paid that myself) my buddy did that, he specializes in lowered car tows.. my car lives again!!

mirrorimg

You park like a ricer :p So over a 10 day span you car was broke and now its good as new? Nice turnaround, and glad you were able to get it fixed without killing the bank.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I ran into it, and it shut off... haha

I couldn't see the puddle it was raining that hard,also I was scratching my staples in my head, but yea my work decided it was their fault for not blocking off the parking lot. Also the sewer drain had tree limbs and crap blocking it. They didn't block off all the limbs n stumps they cut down from last storm.

But yea I love my work!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
well yes/no, my door panel got really wet,white spots all over,but I think i fixed that issue. but other than that no. I got crazy lucky! I was scared sh*tless, and I'm getting new intake now, sense my filter only sits 3" from ground.

I'm thinking either Copmtech Icebox or 3" intake with velocity stack . But first thing first uk bumper goes on...

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
i wonder if there is a way to route ac air so that it chills the air going into the intake. lol. but im glad it alright.

heykosal

Angkorian
When i first looked at the pics I was going to call you a dumbass for intentionally driving through that, but I'm glad to hear all is well now.

i wonder if there is a way to route ac air so that it chills the air going into the intake. lol. but im glad it alright.
It's been thought of..but I seriously doubt its worth it one bit since any power gain you would realize would be offset by the power it takes to run the compressor.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
lol. didnt think about that. but i mean there has to be a way to mount an intake without risking hydrolock.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
When i first looked at the pics I was going to call you a dumbass for intentionally driving through that, but I'm glad to hear all is well now.
well everyone does have their dumbass moments! I had a good laugh at it, you might as well laugh with me!

Yea I dont know what to do with the intake... but yea sense my filter is only 3" from ground, its going to change!
just gotta find out witch route I'm going.... I know for a fact I want BPI velocity stack.

red.line

lol. didnt think about that. but i mean there has to be a way to mount an intake without risking hydrolock.
I was wondering the same thing and then someone posted in a thread I made that AEM makes a bypass valve for their cold air intakes, "virtually eliminating the risk of hydrolock."
http://www.aemintakes.com/air_bypass_valve.htm

Shit though, that was sure nice of your work to take responsibility like that and foot the bill..not many places would do that.