my turbo setup post opions on it! !!

dateg88

Ok so next spring im going turbo and i was gonna post my setup on here to see if im forgetting anything so here it goes

Rc 1000 cc injectors
Walboro 255
Aem fuel rail n regulator
S300 chipped ecu
Gt35r ballbearing turbo
Spooling performance prototype mani
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm bov
3 IN downpipe with e cut out

The only thing i havent got is my intercooler yet and im debating on a air2air or liquid2air opions would be great. Im looking at making 550 horse and street driving is what its mainly gonna be with an occasional trip to the track.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You need to do a lot more researching before this build. 550 is an insane amount to daily, you'll basically be rolling in slicks to get some traction. At that kind of power, you'll need to sleeve your block, run internals that are forged/upgraded. Potentially run a different set of camshafts and all that.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
x2

i think you will need to run pro1 cams and a sleeved block with forged internals (pistons rods crank etc)

dateg88

I already have a fully built bock and head im not a newbie when it comes to building motors lol but im just a lil foggy on turboed hondas. And its gonna be more of a weekend car than a dd. I know im not gonna have alot of traction on the street but a i already have drag radials for the spring that should help. Also gonna be mainly doing 30-50 rolls not from a dig all the time. If you like i could post ehat all i have done to my motor to see if you think my set up would handle my power goals

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Definitely show us what you've done to the head and block. That's a huge part of a high whp build. Also if you need parts let me know.

dateg88

b18b1 block and got it sleeved by golden eagle and bored 30 over. Then got arias 9.5 comp pistons and eagle h beams. Got my hands on another gsr crank and got that micropolished knifed and balanced. Arp everything and honda bearings.the head is a ctr head with blox mani and aftermarket fuel rail n regulator aftermarket fuel rail n regulator

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
So wait, you put a GSR crank in a LS block? Interesting, how did tha work out for you exactly?

You don't need Pro1's to make 550whp, you will be just fine with either stock GSR or ITR cams. I plan on making over 700 on ITR cams and have links to about 40 people doing it with no issues. Save the $500 bucks that you'd spend on cams and put it towards tuning.

dateg88

So wait, you put a GSR crank in a LS block? Interesting, how did tha work out for you exactly?

You don't need Pro1's to make 550whp, you will be just fine with either stock GSR or ITR cams. I plan on making over 700 on ITR cams and have links to about 40 people doing it with no issues. Save the $500 bucks that you'd spend on cams and put it towards tuning.
Works fine i had to use gsr rods as well because the ls rods would actually come out of the top of the block. And me head is a ctr so i think ill be good on cams. Next year like i said im doing 500-550 whp with stock axels and stock b16 trans. (Duralast axels=liftime warranty:thumbs up)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Why would you destroke it, thats another question. You took out a 89mm stroked crank to put in a 87mm crank? Nothing wrong witch stock axles, mine have taken 7k rpm launches all year long. Good luck on the stock b16 trans, they are hit or miss, you going to put an LSD in it? Also what clutch are you planning on running?

dateg88

Idk its the crank i had laying around out of my old jdm gsr so i used it instead. An the b16 is already lsd its a sir trans. As far as clutch im getting a action clutch stage 5 6 puck sprung cluthch.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
You need to do a lot more researching before this build. 550 is an insane amount to daily, you'll basically be rolling in slicks to get some traction. At that kind of power, you'll need to sleeve your block, run internals that are forged/upgraded. Potentially run a different set of camshafts and all that.
man you keep saying 400-500-600 is insane to daily but man, people do it all the time. Its called throttle control and traction control.

Nice tires, quality lsd, and suspension components > anything.

My friend dailys his 517hp integra and hooks 3rd, I dont know what youre talking about at all. Stock cams or ITR cams, which are technically stock, can get the job done for 500hp.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Ok so next spring im going turbo and i was gonna post my setup on here to see if im forgetting anything so here it goes

Rc 1000 cc injectors
Walboro 255
Aem fuel rail n regulator
S300 chipped ecu
Gt35r ballbearing turbo
Spooling performance prototype mani
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm bov
3 IN downpipe with e cut out

The only thing i havent got is my intercooler yet and im debating on a air2air or liquid2air opions would be great. Im looking at making 550 horse and street driving is what its mainly gonna be with an occasional trip to the track.
Your setup is fine for 550whp, and you dont need any sort of special liquid to air intercooler. Your traditional intercooler will suffice. I suggest a precision 600hp core.

x2

i think you will need to run pro1 cams and a sleeved block with forged internals (pistons rods crank etc)

No, pro1 cams are overkill for a mere 500-550hp. Tuning and engine building have come a long way since back in the day, a build like this doesnt require the most fancy parts. Just a correctly packaged engine with good tuning and fuel with a 62mm+ turbo and hell see those numbers easy with ITR cams, or with a little more boost and GSR cams.

dateg88

Thanks for all the input and to answer a couple questions

Why destroke it?

The gsr crank and gsr pistons in the ls block allow the motor the rev faster and the only negative side is you lose a lil bit of torque. But since im boosting in the spring that doesnt really bother me.

I also just picked up a set of crower stage 3 na cams for 130 bucks off my buddy. (He was really hurting for money) my question is are these cams good for boost? Ive heard that they are but wanted to hear some of your guys opinions

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks for all the input and to answer a couple questions

Why destroke it?

The gsr crank and gsr pistons in the ls block allow the motor the rev faster and the only negative side is you lose a lil bit of torque. But since im boosting in the spring that doesnt really bother me.

I also just picked up a set of crower stage 3 na cams for 130 bucks off my buddy. (He was really hurting for money) my question is are these cams good for boost? Ive heard that they are but wanted to hear some of your guys opinions
The stage 3 NA cams are most likely not going to be very good at all for a boosted setup. You'd be better off running stock GSR or ITR cams imo. Whats the specs on these stage 3 cams? Who makes them?