My white super bright led dash lights

JohnCarter

Per the excellent DIY in the DIY section.
Notes:
Once you remove the two screws from the trim piece, remove the trim piece by pulling it from the bottom. This will save you 3 minutes and a lot of cussin'.
Once you remove the three screws from the instrument panel, grab it from the top and pull it out and then turn it so you can access the back side.
The job will be harder if you have big hands.
There are two rubber snubbers on the clear bezel, at the bottom. Look for them.

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
nice, i was gonna do white on mine but i did blue because it went along with my deck and volt meter.

looks good!

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Once you remove the two screws from the trim piece, remove the trim piece by pulling it from the bottom. This will save you 3 minutes and a lot of cussin'.
:lol: I changed out my bulbs this weekend (the one in the center was dead). Took me a while to figure out how to get the bottom to pop off. It was pissing me off then all the sudden...POP.

Your lights look good. I went with a more subdued reddish tint - regular bulbs just have this effect when going through the cluster. Looked for OEM replacements but nobody seems to sell the bluish rubber caps for them that give them that clean white look.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Looks good bro :thumbs up PM me a link to a pic of it and I'll put it on the DIY as another example if that's cool :)

JohnCarter

Looked for OEM replacements but nobody seems to sell the bluish rubber caps for them that give them that clean white look.
The ones I removed had the bluish rubber caps. The effect they had was only to dim the lights too much. I never realized there was any blue. I couldn't imagine why the thing was so dim. Now we know.

JohnCarter

Looks good bro :thumbs up PM me a link to a pic of it and I'll put it on the DIY as another example if that's cool :)
See if the link at the bottom of the original post won't take you to the image. I tried to send a pm but not sure I did it correctly. I'll have to get a photobucket account. Thanks.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ACtually it would help if it was on photobucket, then i could get the direct link up there... PM me a link when you get the chance

mjones73

Which lights did you use? I'd love to brighten mine up. Also does the dimmer work if they are LED's?

I'd like to go across the whole dash with something brighter, half my heater controls are out too..

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Which lights did you use? I'd love to brighten mine up. Also does the dimmer work if they are LED's?

I'd like to go across the whole dash with something brighter, half my heater controls are out too..
Look u my DIY on changing these, it has a few suggestions for what bulb(s) to use. And yes, the dimmer does still work with leds.