My Wink Mirror..

sumfilipinodude

..GOT BENT! Yesterday, I noticed that my mirror was all messed up, I couldn't see my blind spots, so I played around with it and then I realized that it's BENT!

The excessive heat from NJ weather caused it to melt and warp since the inside of my car turns into a suana...It just sucks because now it's useless.. :(

Has this happened to anyone else? Or just me? I had to revert to my stock mirror.

Last edited:

alyssafacex

i think it looks cool! you can hang it in your room or something now hahha. but that sucks. :(
i'd opt for a broadway :thumbs up

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
x2 on a broadway

i saw some other dude that this happened to. he flipped it upside-down to straighten it out. then, put a bracket in the middle attached to the window (i guess with double-sided tape) to keep it from sagging again.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I saw some pics on honda tech or something where someone elses had just bent. Mine's still holding up, although it's been like 105 for the past couple of days...

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
x2 on a broadway

i saw some other dude that this happened to. he flipped it upside-down to straighten it out. then, put a bracket in the middle attached to the window (i guess with double-sided tape) to keep it from sagging again.
Mine bent to last week, just flip it upside down and sit in the sun for a few days it will go back into place, go get the top of your windsheild tinted to the darkest allowed by your state. it wont melt all the way back into place, but better the a u lol.

Rich-PMS

If it's aluminum it shouldn't bend like that. My guess is it's coated plastic?

If you can make more brackets to supporttbe weight in theceter I'm sure that won't happen.

And NJ doesn't allow any tint on front windshield just an FYI. But I do have a 8-14" drop on all 3 of my current vehicles with no harrassment :)

sumfilipinodude

Yeah, the housing is plastic. But yeah, I'm gonna try to send it back to the company maybe and hopefully get one in return? I don't know..something.

All I know is that I don't like the OEM mirror. haha, not used to it at all. Tried out my friend's Broadway mirror and it's pretty good. Don't see blind spots though. :[

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it takes a bit of getting used to since its convex but you could see blind spots.

i dont know how you guys get blind spots tho.. i know when a car is/isnt in mine :D

i have my mirrors set up when im sitting in my seat, i dont see the sides of my car in both of the mirrors. but if i move my head a little to the left/right, then i can see it. it helps get rid of the blind spots