Mysterious little red wire!

sylvaner01

Hey there, I have owned my 1992 Honda Integra LS now for about 6 months and love it to death.
After a cleaning sesion one day in the beloved garage I decided to run checks on every fuse in the car to keep her in working order, upon finishing up my test I noticed a little red wire that was just hanging there, but I wouldnt have a clue what it is meant to connect to.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Kiss My ASS

Look like a extra accessory wire that used to run sumthing. Goes to the power terminal up from the blue wire. If I was u, I'll cap it off at the end or removed it since ur car is running fine...

sylvaner01

Sounds good, might just plug it up.

Thanks for the information, I apreciate it.

Sylvaner01

buymysoul

That is something that one of the previous owners added. Probably went to an old head unit, an alarm system or (hopefully not) even an amplifier. I also see either a ground or main power for an amplifier right there (big blue wire) and what I suspect is the old 'remote' signal (small solid colored dark blue wire). That solid light blue wire that plugs into your fuse box looks like an add-on as well because of the crappy but connector and solid colored wire. However, I can't see what it is going to and haven't looked at that panel in a while so I can't remember what that pin goes to (if anything) so it might be a fix or something.

sylvaner01

Your correct about that big blue wire, I ran that myself =D
I'll look at it on the weekend and see where it's home is.
Thanks,

Sylvaner01