N E 1 know how hot intake manifolds can get?

Backwoodz Tuner

Well I was wonderin how hot an intake manifold could get at normal to a little hot driving conditions. The reason why I ask is I build electric motors for a livin, cuurrently unfortunately , and anyways they got this dip varnish tank that we dip the motors in to hold em together and keep em from vibrating them selves to death. Anyways I figured since I gota port matched skunk 2 manifold I would dip it in it to smooth the inside of it smooth as smooth. I jus wanted to know if the varnish woukd with stand the heat . Any suggestions would be great.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I got a good deal on it with a Skunk2 IM and king extended studs said screw it and bought it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Whoa, you don't want to do that, those manifolds are made a certain way so that they create a turbulence with the air, that in turn with the turbulence inside the combustion chambers creates a powerful suction. It may seem like a good idea to smooth it out but I would not recommend it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Ive heard that about polishing the head, wasnt sure on the intake mani.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah I get a lot of mixed opinions on polishing the intake manifold. Maybe I shoulda mentioned I was plannin on throwin it on my turbo build. But yeah I all ready got a Hondata heat shield gasket I was gonna throw on .I jus hear so much about the gains you can get or should I say the horsepower you loose through heat, so I figured it maybe a good idea, that's what's cool bout you all everyone seems to wanna help the next guy out. That's what makes this site DA SHIT!