NastyDB8's swag-mobile ; )

NastyDB8

yup not even 100whp ??? I had a conversation with Elton and it looks like when I went to previous shop I went to convert to OBD1 obviuosly for tuning purposes in the future. Aparently it looks like for whatever reason vtec is NOT engaging maybe whatever program they used did not grab onto the chip. : ( After that was done with previous shop I did notice that I didn't really hear vtec enage but I didn't think too much about because the previous ecu (P72 obd2) vtec would engage and really open her up. But with the new ecu chipped with GSR basemap I just assumed that vtec WAS engaging just not as loud so I thought nothing of it. So right now I'm basically running my engine at 50%. I am kinda stumped at what to do next... Do I go back to previous shop and see if they can fix my problem OR start from scratch again? I am not gonna bash previous shop because they are reputable and what happened in my case could just be one of those flukes with the chipped program not working properly. But I do know this moving forward I am sticking with RacelineUSA.

Nick_C78

You should go talk to the previous shop and see what they say. If that doesnt resolve anything I would just buy a p28 ecu and then get a hondata s100 or something. Sorry to hear about that bro

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You should go talk to the previous shop and see what they say. If that doesnt resolve anything I would just buy a p28 ecu and then get a hondata s100 or something. Sorry to hear about that bro
Xavier still has his P72, so I think he's just going to use that and get an S100.

NastyDB8

Xavier still has his P72, so I think he's just going to use that and get an S100.
I tired it our Matt and my car runs like shit...although vtec DOES engage. So I'm stumped I guess I will give the previous shop a call and see what they say and I will post back once I find out.

Local

i believe its OBD2 tho, could be wrong.

thats really too bad bud, sorry to hear :(. cant imagine the shop giving you trouble to correct their work.. IMO that is considered incomplete. you came in for a conversion and left with less than you went in with, no vtec. it shouldnt be too hard for them to make right, and chips can write with problems so that isnt completely unheard of, if that is the problem. they should have double checked before handing it back to a customer, again IMO.

in for updates!

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I tired it our Matt and my car runs like s***...although vtec DOES engage. So I'm stumped I guess I will give the previous shop a call and see what they say and I will post back once I find out.
Yeah man, check back with that shop.

thats really too bad bud, sorry to hear :(. cant imagine the shop giving you trouble to correct their work.. IMO that is considered incomplete. you came in for a conversion and left with less than you went in with, no vtec. it shouldnt be too hard for them to make right, and chips can write with problems so that isnt completely unheard of, if that is the problem. they should have double checked before handing it back to a customer, again IMO.

in for updates!
Oh yeah... OBD2. Guess we need to find Xavier an OBD1 ECU before we can retune his DB8.

NastyDB8

in for updates!
No wonder why you were pulling so hard away from me....lol

Nick_C78

Like I said. If you have to get a new ecu because they wont/cant fix yours. Go with a p28 if you can find one and get a s100. It will be the simplest solution for you.

NastyDB8

well I've been trying for awhile to get through to the other shop but no one answers SO either they could be closed today or really busy...I guess I will try back tomorrow and see what or If they can do anything.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Was leaving it to X to drop all the info. Same thing i recommended to Blake, try to get in touch with the shop and get them to correct any issues and if that fails move on with repair. Im curious to see how your car runs with the obd2 ecu. My guess to why it might run like shit is because its not getting the readings it needs from all the additional sensors obd2 uses. But it might run better than the p06. Will i see you at the shop on saturday X?

Another thing we were talking about, maybe you guys can shed some light on. He doesnt know exactly what they did but they converted his dizzy to obd1. My guess is its a obd1 dizzy since the motor is probably obd1 and they modified his wiring at the connector (obd2) to work instead of using an adapter harness. X can you take a picture of it actually? What i was trying to figure out in my head was if switching to his obd2 ecu would conflict with the dist he's running or is it the same situation i mentiond earlier, additional sensors not being read?

NastyDB8

@ Tom yes I'll be at Raceline Saturday. So we can talk more and even better physically show you how it was wired/set up.