NBA Draft 2009

House Special

I'll KICK YA FUCKIN AASS!
I know, he got lucky and got a ring in Miami because D Wade carried them and Dallas imploded like they do every year.

House Special

I have to see. He's definitely a guy who can penetrate which they really need because all they have right now is guys who hang around the perimeter. Turkoglu only had a breakout season because he was the only one attacking the basket. He's not worth what he wants. Carter can shoot the ball ok as well but they definitely need a 1-2 punch on the team, someone who can draw the doubleteam and dish out the ball.

House Special

i hope celtics pick up a better backup SF for paul pierce to get some resting minutes.
I was a little baffled with their decision but I hope they do find someone better. I mean, why use the excuse of Ray Allen's age even though PP and KG are close to it as well. Also, you never come back the same from knee injuries.

San Antonio and Orlando picked up the players Boston should've been after.

CortezBanks

Shaq on Cleveland= FAIL
Shaq to Cleveland will give them a much better chance making/ winning the finals than Z or Varejao ever will. Plus all they lost was a old ben wallace and Pavlovic, who didnt play anyway. He may be old but Shaq was still pretty dominant last year. The only person i would say who was more dominant was Dwight Howard. Although Shaq is just a ring chaser at this point. But i will LOL when (IF) lebronze wins a ring with Shaq and everyone gives him the "cant win a ring without Shaq" treatment like they did with Kobe.

24>23

House Special

I think Kobe is better than LeBron. Give him some more years though.

Shaq is a better option for Cleveland than the previous players but I don't think it's ring time yet.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
I was a little baffled with their decision but I hope they do find someone better. I mean, why use the excuse of Ray Allen's age even though PP and KG are close to it as well. Also, you never come back the same from knee injuries.

San Antonio and Orlando picked up the players Boston should've been after.
very true except everyone knows that Boston wouldnt be able to trade for better great players without their core players being part of the deal. other teams wont let it happen. so its either a ring or bust with the current roster.

Redliner

Magic made a huge gamble with trade, they knew that Hedo can take them to the finals and who is gonna take Courtney Lee's position...but then again having 4 all star players isnt so bad ( Nelson, Howard, Carter, Lewis) If everything goes according to the GM plans then 2010=Magic because I dont think Shaq cant do much for Lebron. Kobe is not getting is 5th. Just my thoughts.

-Red

CortezBanks

Magic made a huge gamble with trade, they knew that Hedo can take them to the finals and who is gonna take Courtney Lee's position...but then again having 4 all star players isnt so bad ( Nelson, Howard, Carter, Lewis) If everything goes according to the GM plans then 2010=Magic because I dont think Shaq cant do much for Lebron. Kobe is not getting is 5th. Just my thoughts.

-Red
This is probably semi-biased because i am a laker fan, but as you may have heard the lakers sold their 1st round pick for money which would let them resign Odon,Ariza, and Brown. Which would essentially leave them with the same championship team as they had this past season, so i wouldnt exactly say kobe is not getting his 5th.
And i truly believe that Hedo would be a much better choice than Carter. Hedo was basically the point guard throughout the playoffs for the magic.

Redliner

This is probably semi-biased because i am a laker fan, but as you may have heard the lakers sold their 1st round pick for money which would let them resign Odon,Ariza, and Brown. Which would essentially leave them with the same championship team as they had this past season, so i wouldnt exactly say kobe is not getting his 5th.
And i truly believe that Hedo would be a much better choice than Carter. Hedo was basically the point guard throughout the playoffs for the magic.
No doubt that LA is gonna be just as strong but east was not healthy during the playoff, Magic didnt have All star level Nelson...and boston didnt have KG. Dont forge that Howard increase his free throw percentage by 10 percent every year in the last 3 years. The same LA team can make it to the finals but I dont think they can defend the ship. just what I am feeling.

-Red

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I actually think the magic lost in that deal IMO. Alston was clutch in certain games and stepped up when it was needed to keep them in the game. Maybe Carter will do the same, only time will tell. But Hedo has done so much for the team the last two years, I can't believe Orlando didn't keep him.

Last edited: