Need Advise!!!

2"teg

Ok, here is the deal. I just bought new struts, springs, and a sway bar (tokico hp's, progress springs 2' inch drop, and progress sway bar). I need some advise on what tires i should get for my teg. I am thinking of getting some sixteens with some yokohamas raped around them or some kumho tire. I dont understand the hold tire thing. The suspension feels tight though, faster cornering and better grip i can feel it already. I did however spin out pushin its limits, which is why i have decided to get wheels and tires now. Can you Guys help me out plz thnx :D :D :D :) :)

01cleatus

Are you talkin about everyday drivin....or like for auto - x ? Personally I like Falken tires. I have had them on every car I have owned since I have been driving. they stick well to the ground, last a long time, and aren't too expensive. But that's just my opinion.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You want Yokohama's that have been raped? I prefer unviolated tires myself, less issues, but some people live for the drama.... :p
Go to www.tirerack.com and look at their tires. They have tons of info on each model of each brand, wet traction, dry traction, road noise, tread life, ect...and customer reviews. They have some of the best prices you'll find anywhere, too. It's where I got my present set of rims and tires. My Kumho's are just about dead, I'm gonna replace them with Pirelli's this summer. Bridgestone, Yokohama, Dunlop, BF Goordich, Pirelli and Sumitomo are the only brands they sell that I'd consider buying, but Falken's are nice, too.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
i say read up on them and find the tire's that'll stick to the road the best. my buddy has had 2 neon R/T's now. his first one he put into a pole cause he had some tires that he thought would be okay, but in the end sucked it up and didnt hold on worth shit! on his new R/T he did alot of reading for good tires and now he can take the corner that totaled his last R/T at almost twice the speed! don't look for the easy way out and sometimes more expencive is better. i guess look at reviews and shit too. just know what your buying before you get it.

my 2 cents

DC2 Hopeful

If it's a daily driver then I'd go with Kumho Ecsta ASX tires. I just got em and they are all season tires but they have great grip. They're not azenis or A0 S-compounds, but they're great all season tires. You might also look at Toyo Proxes T1-S and some other Toyo tires. Kumho, Toyo, Yokohama, and Falken are all good brands.

chicolindopr

well i got 17" bronze RH evolution rims wit bridgstone tires and let me tell u them tires hug the road really good when im takin turns. i just came inside now from puttin gas in my car and i was takin some crazy turns. i didnt glide slip or spin out at all and the road was a lil wet cuz it just finished raining. i dont know to much about cars and tires and all dat shit but i do know that my tires hug the ground really really good