need an expert on Integra's, it still won't start

moses integra

]it wont start and it shows a brake light when i try to crank it. i already tested the alternator and battery and its fine and i replaced the starter already, still no crank

phatintegra

Banned
Is it getting spark? if so I'm guessing your next step is fuel. I have a strange feeling it's a relay went bad but it's to early to know right now since I don't know the full details on what you did or how your troubleshooting.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
He said there is no crank. Have you tried to see if the starter will crank when directly connected to the battery? Could be the ignition switch in the steering wheel.
- Aaron

Prozon

Kris
Make sure you have two wires going to your starter. There is one with a little tab that just slides on, i've seen them fall off. Without it, the car will not crank when you turn the key. If it's on good, try running a wire from the battery positive terminal and touch that little tab on the starter. If it turns over, the problem is either a clutch/neutral safety switch, or your ignition.

Report back when you know.

moses integra

yeah terminals tight and wires secure but i dont want to buy a 200 dollar ignition system if thats not it. i dont know if this is a code but when i turn the key, the brake light turns on

Prozon

Kris
Moses, check what I said. There should be a power wire on your starter and another wire. If the wire is hooked up firmly then take a positive wire from your battery and run it to the little wire on the starter. Make sure the car is in neutral and the e-brake is on.

If it turns over you know it's something that engages your starter, or stops it from engaging.
If you figure that much out, we could move on.

Prozon

Kris
Neutral safety switch... it's basically the same set up. Won't start if it's not in park or neutral, and if it's bad it might not turn over at all.