Need help AGAIN....Tranny

DC2 SIR G

Ok, I'm still trying to get to my tranny to change my clutch. I finally got the ball joint issue solved. Now I've got another issue. I'm trying to get the spindle nut off. The driver's side came off fine, but the passenger side is messed up. Someone before me punched the locking part of the spindle nut in too far. And now I can't get it out. I've tryed a punch set, screwdriver and such but part of the metal is messed up and so I can't get anything wedged in there to pry it apart. Any suggestions?????

nate2k5

not a n00b
you'll have to find something to pop it out. maybe loosen it a little to move it to get a little leverage. theres lots of little things to work through to do the clutch change, you just have to have patience and try to think clearly to solve them rather than get frustrated. i did my first clutch change in january, the biggest car project i've undertaken but it was a great learning experience.

wite2nr

unbolt the LCA from the chassis, unclip the cv boot, slide the whole suspension assembly to the side. i just changed my clutch. which one did you get?

DC2 SIR G

Which clutch did get? I haven't gotten one yet.

TypeR?

you need an impact gun to get the hub nut or "spindle nut" off. trust me, eventually you will end up rounding it off or worse trying to take it off by hand.

DC2 SIR G

That's what is starting to happen. I'm rounding off the nut. Bad part is that I don't have an impact