NEED HELP! Bottomed out and need fault isolation!

b3ckyapple

I just bottomed-out my 95 Acura Integra GSR & now the gears are not engaging. My car turns on ignition wise but when I try to put the car into 1st & 2nd, I here things banging in the righthand side & no engagement, where I believe my tranny is. I believe it is my gears, that broke apart on impact. I haven't gotten a chance to get the car on lifts to take another look with a mechanic but I was hoping someone could help me out, with there advice & wisdom, that may have had a similar problem.

jdmfreak420

you may have knocked your cat. converter into the bottom of your shifter sometimes that will complicate things

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Could have knocked your shift linkage. Ive done it a few times but never to the extent you have.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah try to do a visual inspection underneath and look for signs of damage that will help identify where impact points were. Use jack stands, dont crawl under there with just a jack holding it up. As far as the trans goes theres nothing speculation can help you with. If you find no other source of a problem then it will probably have to be dropped and inspected. Gl with it.

slammedDC2

Check your shift linkage first, hopefully you just knocked that a bit. If you banged your transmission you might be in for some more serious work. Like nemesis said, you'd have to drop it and go from there.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Sounds like u broke an axle...can u post a video?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
shift linkage. your car will go into gear without an axle. Hence why you can see if the gears work on a transmission before you buy it.
your shift linkage may be bent

b3ckyapple

still need to get it on jacks then I can post a video.. I really feel like the gears are just floating around in my transmission, a mechanic friend took a look with out lifting it and try to put it in gear and said it was the tranny.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
still need to get it on jacks then I can post a video.. I really feel like the gears are just floating around in my transmission, a mechanic friend took a look with out lifting it and try to put it in gear and said it was the tranny.
again...cant really inspect the shift linkage with the car on the ground and just shifting...

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A rock jumped out in front of the car out of nowhere.

Floor jack and stand set shouldnt cost too much and good to have around. Report back after visual.

TheCrimsonStar

shift linkage. your car will go into gear without an axle. Hence why you can see if the gears work on a transmission before you buy it.
your shift linkage may be bent
This. I highly doubt your gears are destroyed because if they were I'm more than sure your tranny would be cracked badly if not split completely open.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.