need help. Car hesitating

Eat_Dirt00

Lately my car been hesitating/bogging when i accelerate and sometimes its normal. Then it seem like im getting a lower mpg. with a 3/4 tank i think i'm only getting about 140-150. I dont think this is normal. i think i should get new spark plug wires, fuel pump/filter to fix this? If not can someone please let me know? Before this problem came up, the following parts were changed: distributor, head gasket, water pump, brake master cylinder... there could be one or two im forgetting. So any suggestions?

99tegjawn

check your air filter make sure its clean and dont buy new plugs until you check your current ones take them out then post pics here ill tell you if you need new ones and i get like 275 on a full tank in an auto so yeah thats pretty bad anf buy a spark plug gapper and check your manual for the correct spacing then check your plugs and see if there too big if they are then you need new plugs ngk would be best if you need help getting them out there should be some how to's in the how to section lol hope this helped

Eat_Dirt00

check your air filter make sure its clean and dont buy new plugs until you check your current ones take them out then post pics here ill tell you if you need new ones and i get like 275 on a full tank in an auto so yeah thats pretty bad anf buy a spark plug gapper and check your manual for the correct spacing then check your plugs and see if there too big if they are then you need new plugs ngk would be best if you need help getting them out there should be some how to's in the how to section lol hope this helped
thanks. before i saw your comment I checked the air filter and there were some little debris here and there that i vacuumed, but i cant tell if it help after a little test drive. maybe in the morning i'll see if it's still acting the same and post pics of the plugs. Btw about the correct spacing for plugs. Do they sometimes loosen up or something, because the last time i got new spark plugs was a long time ago.

gugiey

your spark plugs should still be the same gap . but if you buy new ones make sure there gaped properly . you don't know where some one might have droped one plug or Somthing

afee757

i literally just had the same problem its most likely either your spark plug wires or spark plugs. like i just fixed it today. mine was an ls non vtec block. but it should be the same to check when your car is running take each individual spark plug wire out and listen to see if its still missing then when you here the one that is missing its either the wire or plug

99tegjawn

your spark plugs should still be the same gap . but if you buy new ones make sure there gaped properly . you don't know where some one might have droped one plug or Somthing
the gaps do widen over time it takes a long while though and took big of a gap wont always give a good spark especially if hes running rich

SpeedAddict

Another n00b
How long has it been since you changed the plugs? It sounds like it could be the plugs. I would start there.