need help car is over heating

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
hey whats i have a 98 integra with a b20 its been riding fine until today when i was driving it started overheating not completly but it was hotter than normal it was well over the half way mark
it seems to go down alittle when i start driving any one can help

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Could possibly your thermostat. Also, are you sure your fans are operating correctly?

rsxer63

also have your rad checked... mine was blocked.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
check your coolant level, make sure the fans are working, mabye even get some RedLine Watter Wetter. I use that, it actually was noticeable on the gauge.

And get a Mugen Thermostat! Sike. GoodLuck lol

heykosal

Angkorian
That used to happen to my LS, when it was idling(such as at a traffic light) the gauge would creep into the red. But once I started moving the temperature would return to normal. If I added coolant it would remain stable just below the middle. I was thinking something like one I started moving and the rev's raised, it would spin the water pump faster and get more coolant flowing. But it turned out to be a cracked headgasket. Just my experiences..

tkvang

Blowing white smoke and white goo on the inside of your oil cap means potential blown head gasket.
Thermostat may need to be replaced, easy ~$10; would do it if you don't remember the last time it was since its a cheap part but an important one.
If neither of the above two, a longshot may be the fan clutch. It went out on my car. Temp was fine when I was moving, but when I ended up at a stop for too long, the temp needle would start creeping into the red. As soon as I began moving again, the temp would return to normal. A weird problem that I eventually took to the mechanic to figure out.