need help! car wont start! >:(

smitty808

So I was waiting at a stop light. It was taking long so put my car into park. The light turned green and I then put it back into drive. I pressed on the gas and then my motor died immediately. Plled to the side and tried to start it but it won't start. Motor cranks over fine but no start. My guesses were the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump. I canceld out the relay as the problem because when I turn they key to the on position I hear the relay. I'm almost certain its the pump. Any suggestions on what it could be???

O and iprior to this my motor was sputtering and ran a rough idle and acceleration.
97 integra nonvtec
Thnx

smitty808

Just did a tuneup yesterday. Spark plugs are fine. Can't test for spark yet though cuz my battery jus went dead for trying tocarnk it over so many times :/. Chraging the battery right now

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
My guess is...it's either the Ignition Coil or ICM or even both...Happened to mine over the summer/fall here and I had to replaced both. Well started out with replacing the COIL first cause I had no sparks ran for a week or so than died again. Replaced the ICM last month and so far the car hasn't died on me yet (crossing my fingers). My next step will be replacing the dizzy if the car dies again. Hope this helps. Let us know your outcome. Good luck.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
also check your grounds on the thermostat housing. that controls the dizzy. Or try a known working dizzy

smitty808

alright...checked for spark. No spark. Now I'm pretty certain its the icm after doing alittle more research as this seems to be a common problem

smitty808

Cams are turning....I'm almost certain itsthe icm or dizzy. Gonna replace it today after I finish work and see what happens. Thanx everyone for all your help!

94LS-TEG

Non-Vtec
My guess is...it's either the Ignition Coil or ICM or even both...Happened to mine over the summer/fall here and I had to replaced both. Well started out with replacing the COIL first cause I had no sparks ran for a week or so than died again. Replaced the ICM last month and so far the car hasn't died on me yet (crossing my fingers). My next step will be replacing the dizzy if the car dies again. Hope this helps. Let us know your outcome. Good luck.
Mine did the same thing. It went dead driving and wouldnt start back. Replaced icm and coil and fired right up.

smitty808

Replaced the distributor today and started right up....thanx everyone.

Now I have a new problem if anyone could help??? Car starts, idles fine. But when on acceleration it runs really bad. It gets worse over 2000rpm. Feels like its sputtering and it has a definate loss of power. Check engine light is on and once evry 10 minutes the maintanance light turns on for a split second then turns off. On another note this problem exsisted prior to my dizzy going out, but it seems like the problem got worse! My guess are the injectors going bad. Poured seafoam down my tank, but nothing changed. Any ideas gurus??

smitty808

Replaced the distributor today and started right up....thanx everyone.

Now I have a new problem if anyone could help??? Car starts, idles fine. But when on acceleration it runs really bad. It gets worse over 2000rpm. Feels like its sputtering and it has a definate loss of power. Check engine light is on and once evry 10 minutes the maintanance light turns on for a split second then turns off. On another note this problem exsisted prior to my dizzy going out, but it seems like the problem got worse! My guess are the injectors going bad. Poured seafoam down my tank, but nothing changed. Any ideas gurus??