need help please, trouble starting

TheSickestDC2

Banned
i was driving on the high way and my car was fine coming off the ramp it was also fine, but when i got to the first traffic light i had to stop and the idol went down to like 250 about and stayed low ever since so i pulled over and parked it. checked the oil and everything, everything was fine started it up a few times and then it didn't start anymore tries cranking over, but it doesn't start what do you guys think this can be maybe i am not getting spark or what and the fuel pump turns on so please help i would really appreciate it thanks

okay so i replaced the entire distibutor and new cap and rotor along with plugs and wires and the sparking problem is now fixed. It still wont start it seems like the timing is off and it is about that time for a new timing belt could that not let it start please help thanks in advance

UPDATE: its not the injector because i put injector for cylinder 2 in place of cylinder 4 and put cylinder 4 into cylinder 2 and it is the same thing the spark plug in cylinder 2 is looking brand new, and the plug is still wet on the bottom when i take it out. so what else can this be. i noticed at the corner or the head on the left by the radiator hose there is oil slowly leaking out is it possible i need a new head gasket could the be why cylinder 2 is not working? PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

GSR-Bojan

hmmm no i dnt think so...that is very well protected and durable...so idk man

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
i had something weird happen to my car twice in a row, i really couldnt believe it. The screw that held in the rotor in the distributor came out. So for one thing i really recommend checking/changing your plugs, wires, cap and rotor for one. and if you havent in the near past, do a full tune up on your car, then go from there. thats the way i found out about my rotor. It was pissing me off so much trying to figure it out, and all it needed was a tune up to figure it out. So yea, i would start with that if i were you. good luck man.

TheSickestDC2

Banned
i had something weird happen to my car twice in a row, i really couldnt believe it. The screw that held in the rotor in the distributor came out. So for one thing i really recommend checking/changing your plugs, wires, cap and rotor for one. and if you havent in the near past, do a full tune up on your car, then go from there. thats the way i found out about my rotor. It was pissing me off so much trying to figure it out, and all it needed was a tune up to figure it out. So yea, i would start with that if i were you. good luck man.
so you think i should buy the MSD kit this it come with the coil rotor and cap to start with

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
i had the same problem. get honda cap and rotor and ngk plugs and wires. it fixed my problem. i just need a new battery now cuz the one the dealership provided is weak. so if you have to replace your battery go optima redtop.

TheSickestDC2

Banned
i had the same problem. get honda cap and rotor and ngk plugs and wires. it fixed my problem. i just need a new battery now cuz the one the dealership provided is weak. so if you have to replace your battery go optima redtop.
i am getting all the same feedback from you guys so i hope that it is the problem thanks guys more feedback will be appreciated

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
when i replaced my cap and rotor i looked at where the cap and rotor touch and it was all charred and black. but i replaced them and car runs much better. it'll only run you about 30 for the cap and rotor and about 70 for plugs and wires. thats what i paid at least.

TheSickestDC2

Banned
when i replaced my cap and rotor i looked at where the cap and rotor touch and it was all charred and black. but i replaced them and car runs much better. it'll only run you about 30 for the cap and rotor and about 70 for plugs and wires. thats what i paid at least.
yeah i just priced them and those are accurate prices haha thanks

TheSickestDC2

Banned
UPDATE:
okay so i replaced the entire distibutor and new cap and rotor along with plugs and wires and the sparking problem is now fixed. It still wont start it seems like the timing is off and it is about that time for a new timing belt could that not let it start please help thanks in advance

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
actually the problem sounds fuel related. get a can of gum cutter and spray it in the pcv hose while you try to start it.

TheSickestDC2

Banned
ok thanks my car starts now but it idles extremely low again and when i adjust the dizzy the idle increase but still doesnt sound like it used to are you sure this cant be a timing problem after all please help i need my car on the road it is my DD thanks