Need Help...... Please

LitosDA

So i did an abs delete on my 90 gs. I changed the lines, the master, and the booster. All line were connected according the diagrams and write ups. I Bleed the system and the pedal just goes to floor. :( I've changed my front calipers and rebleed the system and still too the floor. No braking what so ever. Not when pumping the pedal. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

tilegend

just curious, was there anything wrong with your old master cylinder? why did you change it out? and did you change it to the NON-ABS master cylinder?

LitosDA

I changed everything out because I read the abs booster and master would not work on an non abs system. So all the parts are for non abs.

tilegend

sure it would work. its just that you need to change one of the brake fittings on the non-ABS line that goes to the master cylinder because one of them is 12mm and not a 10mm.

easily solved if you have access to a flaring tool and you can even re-use your old 10mm brake line nut off the ABS equipped lines.

or what you could also do is use a 12mm>10mm (male>female) adapter

reason why its better to use the ABS master cylinder is because its a 1" inch bore versus the non-ABS which is 15/16" inch bore.

LitosDA

Alright, so i bleed the master and the all the line again and still nothing. :( So im at the wall again. I think im going to try take off the master and get it checked out and if all else fails I'm going to try the old abs master. So thanks for the advice. I'll keep you guys posted.

jeffinct

Just so I'm clear on this one. If the pedal goes to the floor only a few things can be wrong. Like others have mentioned.

1) a leak in the system, with no pedal pressure any leak should be obvious
2) air in the system, when you bleed the system are you getting any air bubbles or just fluid.
3) I've always bench bled the master. It saves a bunch of pumping. If you've done that. I'd put my money on a bad master. I had a bad rebuild that behaved like yours

I'm not sure what else could be wrong, but when you find out let me know.

Good luck

LitosDA

Alright, got it all working now. :rocker: Bought a new master, and changed out the rear calipers. Bleed it and crossed my fingers, and it worked. So thanks again, you guys made this alot easier. :thumbs up Appreciate it.