need help rebuilt jdm b18c type r head on 99 gsr and wont fire up?

2kdb7

I didn't have a vtec head when I did mine. But I ended up putting the plugs wires on the distributor wrong. And it would be the starter not spinning fast enough the alt has nothing to do with start up. I really don't think valve lash would cause any no start issues unless it was crazy tight or lose. I suggest you find where the plugs go and make sure the distributor isn't 180 out. And the plug wires are correct

f4talintegra

I didn't have a vtec head when I did mine. But I ended up putting the plugs wires on the distributor wrong. And it would be the starter not spinning fast enough the alt has nothing to do with start up. I really don't think valve lash would cause any no start issues unless it was crazy tight or lose. I suggest you find where the plugs go and make sure the distributor isn't 180 out. And the plug wires are correct
Yes it is machine shop tighten mine all the way down and cams wer pushing valves down. I had no compression then I adjusted and got 210....

Dc5user

Also as far as I know I can't turn crank clockwise?... Guy at autozone told me I could but been told by others that I can't? I know better then to listen to autozobe just wanted to c what they would say tho...

Never ask an employee at autozone about cars!!!! Some might know but others not!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The tensioner takes slack out of the timing belt.

Coke can is the tensioner. Loop on the bottom of the leash is the timing cog on the crank.

95B18BTurbo

Holy crap if you have no clue about rotating it three teeth counter clockwise and torquing the tensioner to spec, you should not be doing this job. Grab a Helm's manual and read, or find a DIY off google.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I just shove a long ass screwdriver down into the tensioner pry it back and zip tie it to the chassis and tighten the tensioner.

My timing belt needs to be replaced too tho ha.

f4talintegra

Ig ima just pull belt off tomaro and retime it! I was trying to avoid this so if u guys have any ideas let me know?

f4talintegra

And that was after I had started it... I just notice that my slack side is super tight and my tight side wer it goes from cam to crank is loose... It all lines up fine just slack on wrong side?

2kdb7

I've always had issues with part store tensioners. The springs are never strong enough. Try to get one from honda if not try some of the above methods.