Need Help Starting Project

Kevin97

ok. So i just bought a 97 GS sedan. Its non-vtec. I go back and forth 70 miles to school every weekend and its my daily driver. I want to just make between 175 and 200 hp and im done with the project until I grad in a a year and a half. What are the best mods i can bolt on to get a decently quick little car. and in what order? I only have AEM SR and A Skunk2 short shifter right now but i am ready to buy some parts. I need your help!

cyclotegra

A bit off topic, but was is the difference of a GS and a LS? Noob question I know, haha.

mirrorimg

Yessir! Add a VTEC head to that piece.
You bite your tongue!

A bit off topic, but was is the difference of a GS and a LS? Noob question I know, haha.
Leisure amenities inside the car, such as power options and sunroof.

There are a few different methods to achieve your goal, mind you 200 HP will be hard to surpass without lots of investment.

You could simply swap the engine, get a B18C1. This will net you more power over the B1 without having to do anything internally.
You can do a LS/VTEC build, by swapping the cyl head on your motor (along with other things that need to be done) with one off of a B18C1, or B16A.
You could also go into building the motor itself, with out a swap. Bore out the cylinders, get higher compression pistons, upgrade the valvetrain, get more aggressive camshafts.
Or you can go the route of forced induction (turbocharger, supercharger). This is the most cost effective way to make power compared to N/A (naturally aspirated)

Kevin97

awesome stuff thanks...hey other than jdm engine depot which is the only place i hear about..where are some good places to get an ls motor