need help with hose!

LittleB10

ok so the other day i just get home and pop open the hood to redo some wiring....a min later boom! a coolant hose explodes. lol so im like ok well none of them have been replaced ever...you can tell they are all old etc etc. while im at it i will throw in new alum radiator and fans. working on it get radiator in fans in hoses replaced...check out thermostat while im at it...thats bad and is the reason it runs on the hot side...never overheats just runs really hot. so put in new thermo, temp switch etc etc...now i get to replacing the hoses that blew and one of them is an "s" shaped hose...really small and runs from back of head to intake manifold. i tried to make one myself but its so small and needs to curve and basically pinches itself where the hose will not really allow good flow and dont want it to blow again. My question is...does anyone know the part number or place to find this "s" hose? I will try a junkyard monday to see if i can find one. I tried autozone, advance auto, napa and no on has anything close to an s hose. any info is greatly appreciated. I would try the acura dealer if needs be but dont want to pay an arm and leg for it. thanks for the help and when it stops raining i will post pics of my teg. new to honda world and this forum (only 2nd post lol) but not tuning world. i have absolutely fallin in love with my 90 ls! later guys!

WAR 178

Premium User
did you call autozone? I know they have all of that stuff in the back and would let you cut off enough to do the job. Get extra and bend the hoses so there isnt a sharp kink in it.

LittleB10

[/IMG]
old hose and when on car it is an "s"

[/IMG]
location of the hose. intake manifold to upper part of manifold or throttle body. lol

hope this helps out...i did try to make my own but like i said with those angle the hose pinches itself too much even with extra hose for slack. lol

WAR 178

Premium User
I kinda had the same problem. The hose kept having a tight pinch, so i ended up getting a bunch of slack so the kink wasnt as sharp.... more like a U shape. This hose is only running coolant to the TB right? I know when it runs from the TB to the IACV that hose legnth kinda plays a factor with the idle. I would try and use a bunch of hose line until you can find the hose maybe off another teggy. Also the hose you are using might be too soft for the application. Tell them its for coolant and the higher psi tubing is needed.... the stiffer tubing doesnt bend as easy and will form the "S" shape better. ask them to let you in the back to check the tubing... then sit there and bend it up in the store and see if it will form right for you.

just figured it out... run the tube under the bigger tube you have in the pic. it should take out the drastic/sharp kink and give you a more U shape bend. the bigger tube will prevent a sharp kink in the line

Last edited:

LittleB10

thanks for the help. i found one at the junkyard off a 94. I also made one ur way and made on from takeing a s hose from autozone and cut the middle out and put a breather valve in it and clamped it together so no i have 2 back ups! always good to have back ups! lol