Need help with rigging shift boot

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
So I got my Spoon Duracon knob on and now there is a gap between the top of the boot and the bottom of the knob and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to fix that?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
when matt had the circuit hero

my circuit hero

the boot gap showing the oem black shifter i covered with a zip tie and held the shifter boot up.

take out the part between the cup holders and the arm rest and put a zip tie on your shifter and tighten it and slip your thing back over it

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Sweet, I have plenty of zip ties lying around, Thanks a ton guys, it was bothering the crap out of me

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
aww shit. mine does this too. i took it apart yesterday, but couldnt get the shifter off, and even then, i went to buy a replacement, and found nothing. just gonna wait till i go to sac i guess.
couldnt you just put the zip tie underneath it, instead of on top? seems like it would look cleaner

matis

i hurd you leik tegkips?
...zip tie goes on top of the shifter and your boot goes on top of the zip tie....
haha ok, gotcha. it looked like he had it on top of it in the pic.

thanks!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I was too lazy to take my center console apart, so I just wraped lots of black electrical tape to widen the shifter, then squeezed the boot up onto it, screwed the shift knob back on, and it pushed the boot back down. Stays nice and snug.

PLUS, I dont feel that ziptie lock part thru the boot. You know, that square part where the.. Uhhh.. Zip part is. LOL!