need help with strut removal

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I am in the middle of replacing my rear struts. I have taken out the lower bolt that goes through the bottom of the strut and also poped off the covers inside the trunk and took off the two nuts on either side of the shock rubber cap. Now i have done this and the strut is still wedged in there and I cant get it out. i have the rear wheels off and jacked the car up by the frame. So now what do i need to do to get the strut off? thanks i could use the help asap.

SLV_DB7

I have always put a jack under the wheel hub to hold it up and then un-bolted the lower control arm also at the hub

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I'm assuming you're talking about the rears...

Unbolt the sway bar and anything else that is keeping the control arm from hanging freely by the subframe bolt and brake hub bolt. That will give you enough room to pull down on the hub and free the strut. I'm not too familiar with the 2nd gen, but on the 3rd gen you can ubolt the rear camber arm and let the hub hang by the trailing arm and control arm, which gives you a lot of play and makes it easy to remove the strut.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
If you're still having troubl this how to by one of the mods should help

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=30190&highlight=rear+struts
thanks that is a lot better. the stupid chiltons book sucks and is totally useless. all the chiltons book said was to take off the wheels then undo the two top mount bolts and then the lower bolt. then remove the strut assembly. thats it and nothing else. well i will use the other write up tomorrow and hopefully get it done. there was a lot of rust so im soaking the bolts so its a little easier tomorrow.

Apollo

Welcome...Course credit's got to go to Aussie.

Let us know how it turns out :)

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
its still not going any better, my car is being a pain and every bolt is rusted and either wont budge or breaks off. but at least io got the old strut off and replaced so now i just have to drill out some broken bolts and hopefully that will fix it.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
i finally got everything done with the exception of one weld nut that I am going to take to get cut off. after that I will finally be done.