Need Help

MIKE16

I just bought a AEM SRI from a guy on craiglist (it's pretty new) without the instructions. A friend is helping me install it but he said we had to relocate a hose. I thought it was easy as just removing the one and putting in the new one? Is this true?

MIKE16

It's a 99 GS, the hose that connects to the intake. He said you can't just remove the stock hose that's connected right now.

Cman46290

Well... if its a GSR... i have a 1997 GSR... and the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover... has another hose connected to that hose... thy are like welded together....

as said.. the one goes from the intake to the valve cover.... but the other hose is a coolant line... so what i did was took off the whole stock 2 hose assembly... and replaced the hose from thr valve cover to the intake with the one given with the SRI... then put a piece of metal tube in between the 2 coolant lines and clamped them... that way you got 2 completely seperate hoses... and you dont have to leave in that bulky 2 hose assembly

easy as pie

Cman46290

It's a 99 GS, the hose that connects to the intake. He said you can't just remove the stock hose that's connected right now.
I would imagin the GS sould be set up the same basically as my GSR... but you should be able to just replace the hose with the one given with the SRI

1/4milematt

ok i think i know which hose your talking about. does it go to your charcoal box which is right in below and to the front of your battery?

MIKE16

Yeah that's what he want's to do is have the hose connected to the valve cover and intake. Then he want's me to buy another hose to replace the coolant one.

MIKE16

Well... if its a GSR... i have a 1997 GSR... and the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover... has another hose connected to that hose... thy are like welded together....

as said.. the one goes from the intake to the valve cover.... but the other hose is a coolant line... so what i did was took off the whole stock 2 hose assembly... and replaced the hose from thr valve cover to the intake with the one given with the SRI... then put a piece of metal tube in between the 2 coolant lines and clamped them... that way you got 2 completely seperate hoses... and you dont have to leave in that bulky 2 hose assembly

easy as pie

I think this is what he want's to do. Thanks for your help!