Need help

mjones73

Only thing that can really be hanging up would be the caliper pins or the pads themselves may not be sliding right in the caliper bracket.

dsgb

Did u mask off everything before painting? And its prob paint inbetween what kind did u use? If its high heat paint it will be a little harder to get off... Regardless though if its just paint keep driving and using brakes until it burns off shouldnt be that big of a deal ( if its just paint)

Moose_Gumps

Only thing that can really be hanging up would be the caliper pins or the pads themselves may not be sliding right in the caliper bracket.
How can I check though? I have no idea where the caliper pins are. Do I need to take apart the caliper/take it off or can I pretty much just look at it and see?

Did u mask off everything before painting? And its prob paint inbetween what kind did u use? If its high heat paint it will be a little harder to get off... Regardless though if its just paint keep driving and using brakes until it burns off shouldnt be that big of a deal ( if its just paint)
I masked everything off but apparently that was not enough.. and I thought driving would get rid of it but it never went away..

I feel like the pad is not sliding back like mjones said but how do I check?

I am completly lost on this issue.

Prozon

Kris
There should be two pins on the caliper, they basically are bolts. I think they would be the only two bolts on the caliper after it's removed. Take them out and put some anti-seize on them and reinstall. That should help.

Moose_Gumps

There should be two pins on the caliper, they basically are bolts. I think they would be the only two bolts on the caliper after it's removed. Take them out and put some anti-seize on them and reinstall. That should help.
I got the first bolt off fine but the bottom one is stuck pretty good. put all my weight in it and nothing..

By anti-seize do you mean like grease? I thought your just supposed to put grease on them. Do I need to take other bolts off before taking off the bottom bolt/pin/whatever it's called?

thanks for the help so far

Prozon

Kris
Nope, it's probably just stuck. Put a wrench on it, and smack the wrench with a hammer to crack it loose.
And make sure you're trying to turn it the right direction!

Grease would work as well.... I gueeeesss... I put grease on mine but it doesn't seem as effective as anti-seize! Haha.

Moose_Gumps

You're not all that far from me are you? I'm in the Olympia area.
I am from Spokane, so I guess not :thumbs up

We should take a small road trip sometime and meet up :lol:

alrighty, so I got the bolts all greased up, the wheels back on, and everything dropped back down and tightened up. Went to start the car, and my break went completly to the floor.

Pumped it like 50 times to see if it'd stiffen up and nope. Filled up my brake fluid too. So I am assuming I need to bleed my brake fluid to stiffen up my brake pedal? But the good news is no grinding or sticking that I felt came from the brakes. But let's hope that stays the same when I stiffen up the break pedal :(

Thanks for the help so far

Prozon

Kris
Yes you need to bleed the brakes. I will PM you my cell phone number and you can text me if you need any more help on the topic tonight.

Moose_Gumps

Yes you need to bleed the brakes. I will PM you my cell phone number and you can text me if you need any more help on the topic tonight.
thanks again Prozon. ++rep

I'll bleed them tomorrow after work, I'll text ya if I need any help. thanks again