Need help

BAwithaDA

Erik
Hey guys im wanting to build a bare b16 cylinder head and I was wondering what parts I will need in order for it to be ready to put on to my block. Thank you.

96LSteg

Jemel
Not enough info

1. What kind of block?
2. What kind of head build OEM? High compression? Boost?
3. Budget?
4. Power goal if any?

BAwithaDA

Erik
I have a b18a1. And I wanna put a b16 head on it power goal really none at the moment and yeah high compression because I'm not building it for boost. And budget it depends on the cost of the materials. And a list of what I need all I know now is I need a vtec solenoid, a new ecu and wiring.

Last edited:

BAwithaDA

Erik
I'm also kinda new to the honda game. I just started learning like 3 months ago and this will be the first time for me building a cylinder head and getting everything ready. I have taken cylinder heads off, changed camshafts pistons, rods, main bearings and rod bearings on a d16 before but I'm still kinda fresh on the building thing. Thanks.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
so are you trying to build an LS-VTEC??? u gonna need more than just a cylinder head for that... LS = B18a1 & B18b1 FYI... both motors stock have pretty good torque at the wheels and with minor bolt ons can be opened up to get a more fun daily car... if that is what you are after....

I'd suggest before you go pissing money into your project half assed you figure out your goal, put together a plan and a detailed questions once you have educated yourself a little more...

Last edited: