Need help

luismaldonado95

breakfasthorror
Hi. I'm new, need friends, and help. My 1990 integra ls is broke down. i was doing 70 on the highway and i experienced a loss of power, downshifted to 4th gear and the rpms dropped to 0. put it in neutral and went off to the side. so far i have replaced a bad distributor which had a shot bearing, i have Fuel, Spark, and crank..... no ignition. could the timing belt possibly have jumped a fee teeth and is now out of timing? PLEASE HELP ME

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Hi. I'm new, need friends, and help. My 1990 integra ls is broke down. i was doing 70 on the highway and i experienced a loss of power, downshifted to 4th gear and the rpms dropped to 0. put it in neutral and went off to the side. so far i have replaced a bad distributor which had a shot bearing, i have Fuel, Spark, and crank..... no ignition. could the timing belt possibly have jumped a fee teeth and is now out of timing? PLEASE HELP ME
Check fuel, spark and timing.

All you need to do is turn your crank with a 19mm until the crank pulley and the timing by cover marks both line up. It is the single mark on the pulley, followed by a rib like plastic piece next to the pulley on the cover.

If the cars getting fuel, cranking and spark and still having issues.

Have a shop or do your own distributor ignition timing.

Follow with a compression test while your there.

I have a fantasy that your compression rings went out, causing excessive blowby into the crankcase and dumping through the pcv valve into the intake manifold. Causing your car to die because the ecu and fuel could not keep up.

Just a theory, but we all know honda pcv valves can't possibly flow that much air.

luismaldonado95

breakfasthorror
yeah i even checked the injectors. and they are all firing, i will check what you told me and will post an update. I actually did take it to a shop, asked the guy if he could administer a compression check, and he is stubborn and says it isn't that. so okay ill just let him know what you thought about the piston rings. Thank you!

Ganyon

:smackself:

Ok, what I would do is pull the valve cover off and look to see if the timing belt jumped or snapoed or whatever. Plus while you're in there, you can look for anything out of the ordinary. But honestly, I would just have a mechanic look at it, and not the one you took the car too. He wouldn't even do a compression check for you.

luismaldonado95

breakfasthorror
okay, so after a very long day.. i ended up taking the car to another mechanic which is going to replace my timing belt(which is in very bad condition but not tore.) and water pump while he is in there. the timing was a bit off. which makes me think that maybe when the dizzy went out, it put resistance on the cam which made the timing belt skip some teeth which knocked it out of timing, he said he should be done by tomorrow. i'll post an update tomorrow. Good Night.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Good thing you found a better mechanic, though I wouldn't of called the first one a mechanic.

luismaldonado95

breakfasthorror
oh yeah i forgot to mention that the first mechanic made a whole in my timing belt cover to try to access the adjusting bolt with ought having to remove it. PISSED ME OFF.

luismaldonado95

breakfasthorror
I thought he would have known that. Theres a opening there. With a rubber piece that you just pull and it comes off. But that dumbass make a hole.