Need ideas with what to do about my exterior paint.

camopaint0707

Bottomline is that the car cost me $100. It's a POS and it's my daily driver. Get's great gas mileage but I can't stand the faded green paint on the outside. For $250 Macco can just repaint it black with no clear. But I was wondering what else do you think I could do for cheaper. I don't need anything to be perfect but something to replace the crappy green fading paint. Open to ANY suggestions. And like I said this car is a beater. No need for anything to be pretty.

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
prep the car yourself for paint, let macco paint it and see what they charge to clear it. Good deal if you got the car for a c note. If you don't clear it its probably gonna look the same in a year or so. You can't paint over paint and expect it to last.

camopaint0707

Yeah I'm not selling it. I'll drive it till it dies. Although I'd like to total it because I'd get $2500 insurance on it.

4dr94teg

Old School Tuner
yeah the hood looks fine to me in the pic, front bumper looks faded though. I'll buy it to, if you decide to sell it.

camopaint0707

Nah not selling guys. But I didn't post a picture of the actual fading which is occuring on the rear quarter panel. I was thinking maybe painting some areas black and then people have been telling me sticker bomb the trunk or some other areas.

sylvaner01

This is my problem, the previous owner didnt know how to buff, burnt the paint and now its peeling! need to get the whole thing resprayed!

dc2_

yup ur car deffff needs a paint job!

i say save up some good money,maybe a bit over a grand and have a good body shop paint it 2 stage(clearcoated)
once u got that done DO NOT wax the car for a period of 60-90 days...if u do u it will create tiny bubbles in the paint called solvent pop.and u dont want that. u have to let the paint fully outgas,u can put anything in the paint from water to polish...just not a sealent/wax

96GSRteg

Tyler
*Sees picture*
*gasp*
oh dear lord! get that shit painted! if you can prep everything yourself you can probably save some bucks.