Need info on Holset turbos.

white89hatch

Anyone know about holset turbos? This guy is tryin to sell me one and and im just wondering what a good price is for this turbo.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
simple google search told me they are turbos that are made for dodges, but it will work and if its in good condition's it will last.

i know multiple people that use diesel turbos because they last forever and work fine

hidenplanvew

I have an Hx35 on my D16z6 and I love it, on the 1.6 it takes alittle to spool but then its hits, it hits HARD... They are known cause they flow alot of CFM's only down side they have like a .80 and larger exhaust side they take awhile to spool. There built better then most turbos because there built to last 300k miles while being underload. A good price for an Hx35 is around 300 bucks used and like 1500 new. There are diffrent styles tho Hy35, hx35, H1c, hx40(1.06exhaust side alittle big for hondas) and a couple others, you just have to make sure you have enuff clearance cause they can get pretty big. There is also a company called BEP that makes smaller houses for holsets and run like 250 and make the holset a beast.

white89hatch

Alot of people seem to be going with Holset's here lately. Heres a thread for ya:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1225182
Thanks

I have an Hx35 on my D16z6 and I love it, on the 1.6 it takes alittle to spool but then its hits, it hits HARD... They are known cause they flow alot of CFM's only down side they have like a .80 and larger exhaust side they take awhile to spool. There built better then most turbos because there built to last 300k miles while being underload. A good price for an Hx35 is around 300 bucks used and like 1500 new. There are diffrent styles tho Hy35, hx35, H1c, hx40(1.06exhaust side alittle big for hondas) and a couple others, you just have to make sure you have enuff clearance cause they can get pretty big. There is also a company called BEP that makes smaller houses for holsets and run like 250 and make the holset a beast.
Thanks for the info. The guy said its a 48-53 mm but didn't give me much more info. Im tryin to get a picture of it from him.