Need main bearings exploded view diagram

emd513

does anyone have a blow up on installing the bearing in the motor. im not sure how the thin flat one gos back in or how it even stays where it gos

mirrorimg

Thin flat one? Do you mean this?

Its called a thrust washer, and I suggest you download a manual from HondaHookup.com.

mirrorimg

This is a picture of a D series, but you can see grooves in the block for where they go. I believe the grooves on the washers are supposed to face outward, but the manual will mention that.

Prozon

Kris
Jason is right. There is a slot for them. The grooves on the thrust washer face outwards. (Towards the crank.)
I used a dab of grease to hold them onto the block until I got the crank in. Not sure if its the "politically correct" way to do it, but I don't see it hurting.

emd513

ok i see now. i thought it went some where else.

emd513

the haynes manual is what i have and it is a piece of shit. any other books that are a lot better. i have most of it put together now but i need to get the pistons in and finish the porting.

emd513

it helps with most parts but with others it doesnt give enough info for the things you are doing. while im here whats going to be a good brand of cams. im going with really high horsepower and i was originally going to go with brian crower, but i have heard that they are not really reliable, and with the kind of money i have put into this motor the last thing i want is something like a cam breaking and ruining it

mirrorimg

Hondahookup.com.

Downloadable PDF manual for your car. Very comprehensive.

And I lol'd when I read "high horsepower." Ill put things into perspective, I have about $2000 in my motor in upgrades. I made 150 WHP on the dyno (though it should have been 170). "High horsepower" is not synonymous with a non-vtec B series.

emd513

dude im not wanting a size. just a good brand. decided i am going to turbo but i was told with brian crower cams they have an attendancy of snapping n high revs. soo any brands that stand above the rest that i should look into and see if they have a set of cams that will suit my setup with the route im going. thats all im asking not what size and which will produce what kind of horsepower. i have friends that know all that stuff around here that can give me the math to figure which size is going to be best.

mirrorimg

You asked what cams, without mentioning whether you were staying N/A or going turbo. I cant read your mind, and assumed N/A.

There arent many options to be honest. I think the "snapping" issue of Brian Crower's was an issue last year. I believe they fixed the manufacturing process and alleviated that issue. Nonetheless, I went with Crower cams in my motor.

- Crower
- Brian Crower
- JG (Not sure if they make cams anymore)
- Crane (went bankrupt the previous year, and purchased by another company. Products may not be up to par with Crower)