Need peoples thoughts

91tegwitgsr

I've got a guy who is wanting to trade a 92 honda hatch with a b20 v-tec for my 91 DA with a b18c....I did find out the block is a b20 and the head is a b16 vtec, gsr tranny, skunk2 exhaust and a few other things....Anybody wanna throw in there 2 cents on if they think I should be down for it or not

built_ls

yea i wouldnt do it unless it was a friend and/or i knew the history of the swap

96GSRteg

Tyler
what they said. that stuff can be pretty shady unless you know its exact history. it also depends on the condition of your car and his, but i would stick with you car. For some reason I cant imagine trading away my teg, even if it was a new/nicer one.

LJmLee

keep the b18c...plus i cant tell you how many times ive looked at swapped cars to buy and its been half assed..keep yours for suree

I would keep your current car. With Frankenstein motors you really need to know who built it(do they know what they're doing), what parts they used, who owns it, how they drive it, how well they keep up the maintenance, etc. Otherwise, I see them as ticking time bombs.
Clean DAs are becoming more and more of a rarity, Civic hatches...not so much.
Ultimately it's your decision. If you're hung up on having a 2.0l Vtec, get the BC stroker kit and build your GSR. That's the most reliable way to have a 2.0l Vtec, IMO.

91tegwitgsr

hey guess thanks for the all the input....i'm gonna take a look at the car and ask him questions for sure but I doubt he will know anything so I'll probably end up keeping my DA